No electric locomotives in OpenTTD

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Bles
Engineer
Engineer

No electric locomotives in OpenTTD

Post by Bles »

Hey everybody,

First of all, forgive me, I have not really played a computer in many years, so I am going to ask probably something very silly here:
Is there anybody able to explain to me how it is possible, that in the year 2010 meanwhile I can not buy an electric locomotive in the hangar?
With a little help of Google I found that you have to go in the advanced settings to vehicles-->trains and then there the selection. That is in the OpenTTD 1.2.3 I do not know how it works for OpenTTD 13.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Bles
kamnet

Re: No electric locomotives in OpenTTD

Post by kamnet »

Not knowing the setup of your game, here's the basics:

1. Only the Temperate climate has electric trains by default. In order to have electric trains in the other climates you need to download a train NewGRF which includes them. You can start by downloading OpenGFX+ Trains (which is a NewGRF version of the original in-game trains), go into the parameters and enable using electric trains in all climates.

2. To select electric trains in your game, click and hold down the rails icon in the menu bar. It will then give you a selection to choose Railroad, Electric, Monorail or Maglev (or, if you're using a NewGRF track set, any other tracks that have been enabled).

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please provide more detail as to what's going on.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: No electric locomotives in OpenTTD

Post by jfs »

A way to view a list of all train types that can possibly be built, is to open your company's list of trains (the locomotive icon on the toolbar), that window will have a button at the bottom called "Available Trains".
The "Available Trains" list shows all train types that can be built in the game right now, even if you have not yet built any of the track type that train needs to run.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”