BSPI.grf - Stockpiling Industries

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: BSPI.grf - Stockpiling Industries

Post by kamnet »

SubtleOrc wrote: 23 Feb 2023 00:31 hey guys.. where can I find the latest copy of this grf? the one available through the in game browser is 1.01 or similar version. I have tried the links above posted by borg for later versions but the links do not appear to be valid.
This link works.
Borg wrote: 16 Jun 2021 17:36 Okey, here is temp version of BSPI v2.01, please test it:
http://ds-1.ovh.uu3.net/ftp/home/borg/tmp/BSPI.grf
Borg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Borg »

Please check first post. The latest version is v2.13 and I usually update the
first post with version number.
This link should work:
http://ds-1.ovh.uu3.net/ftp/home/borg/openttd/BSPI.grf

If it doesnt work for you, then im sorry, but you must be from one of the blocked
regions (due to attacks on my server). Cannot do much about it.

Anyone can make mirror of BSPI and X2025 grfs, I dont mind.
Just please do NOT modify them and always try to point to my orginal URL (or this thread).
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I always forget that it only supports mild climates. Wouldn't it be possible to do something for others? Or at least the subtropics? There are times when I would like to play with a vanilla industry, but with an improved one, because certain features of it irritate me. For example, that even a serviced industry is able to close without warning.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

SubtleOrc wrote: 02 Mar 2023 21:46 -- edit never mind it looks like it was a pop up blocker type issue .. sorry for the hassle guys --
With permission of Borg, I have now added BSPI - Stockpiling Industries to the in-game content download service.
Borg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Borg »

Argus wrote: 02 Mar 2023 22:52 I always forget that it only supports mild climates. Wouldn't it be possible to do something for others? Or at least the subtropics? There are times when I would like to play with a vanilla industry, but with an improved one, because certain features of it irritate me. For example, that even a serviced industry is able to close without warning.
It certainly is possible to do, but... someone has to do it :)
I updated BSPI_src.zip with newest code (v2.13) so if there is a brave soul who want to try it, go ahead..
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Alas, I once tried programming, but I don't have the cells for it :oops:
arbulgazar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by arbulgazar »

Hi! I downloaded v2.13 that kamnet kindly uploaded to the in-game download service. The problem I have that it spawns both original industries and BSPI industries. Is that intended behavior? Will both types abide by this GRF's rules?
Also - I would be willing to work on improving this GRF if you are fine with that Borg. If you would - all the improvements will be discussed and agreed with you first Borg.
In-game screenshot:
Problem with GRF.png
(393.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Borg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Borg »

This is absolutly not intended behavior. What version of OpenTTD are you using?
I personaly play OpenTTD still on 1.9.0 (I have also tested 1.10.2) and everything
works fine here, no double industries.

As for improvements, sure go ahead. I might be picky to incorportate them into main BSPI though :)
Fixes, sure.. Ill take it. BUT, its not problem because you can release your own BSPI fork
under different name like: arBSPI or sth like that :) I dont mind.
Tante2k
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tante2k »

This GRF looks like an absolute blast. Can't belive I hadn't heard about it before now.

Is this fully compatible with the original TTD GRFs?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Tante2k wrote: 19 Aug 2023 23:56 This GRF looks like an absolute blast. Can't belive I hadn't heard about it before now.

There shouldn't be any NewGRFs that are incompatible.
Tante2k
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tante2k »

kamnet wrote: 20 Aug 2023 04:26
Tante2k wrote: 19 Aug 2023 23:56 This GRF looks like an absolute blast. Can't belive I hadn't heard about it before now.

There shouldn't be any NewGRFs that are incompatible.
I'm sorry for being unclear.

I wasn't strictly talking about "software incompatibility", but "sprite incompatibility" or rather "visual incompatibility". Been too long since I looked at the sprite sheets, and how things functioned behind the scenes. Don't remember how things like power plants are created. This GRF has varying functionality with varying size/layout, yes? Would it match up visually?

Many GRFs are technically compatible with the original TTD GRFs, but lack things like proper cargo visuals when refitting. Like when using Improved Town Industries, for instance.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

That is something else.
Improved town industries is a new industrial set based only visually on the original vanilla industry. Whereas BSPI only changes the behavior of the underlying industry as such.
Tante2k
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tante2k »

Argus wrote: 20 Aug 2023 11:23 That is something else.
Improved town industries is a new industrial set based only visually on the original vanilla industry. Whereas BSPI only changes the behavior of the underlying industry as such.
Improved Town Industries is visually based on the original vanilla industries in terms of the sprites used for the production instances, not for the cargo. Refitting a coal truck to house something else will still display coal in a full truck, for instance. Hence, not visually compatible.

As you can read above, I'm asking if there is any change in visual behaviour in BSPI when comparing the TTD sprites and the OpenTTD sprites.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

That seems more like a vanilla car fault to me, not the industry. I think the appearance of the car load is also determined by the graphics of the cars, not just the industry.
I don't know, I haven't used the vanilla cars in a long time and the other trucks work as they should.
And yes, when I convert a coal wagon to carry iron ore, I see iron ore. This is correct behavior.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Since OpenTTD 12, the default vehicles provided by the game will carry any cargo from any industry set, but there is no guarantee that the vehicle will display the correct cargo sprites, if any. Cargo categories are broadly defined - pax, mail, bulk cargo, liquid, etc.
Tante2k
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tante2k »

Argus wrote: 20 Aug 2023 12:18 That seems more like a vanilla car fault to me, not the industry. I think the appearance of the car load is also determined by the graphics of the cars, not just the industry.
I don't know, I haven't used the vanilla cars in a long time and the other trucks work as they should.
And yes, when I convert a coal wagon to carry iron ore, I see iron ore. This is correct behavior.
Nobody is talking about faults. That's just the way GRFs work. If you want TTD sprites to work with new cargo, you have to manually add that cargo visually in every frame for specific content.

I'm asking in terms of other sprites, though, since the developer made it with the OpenTTD GRFs in mind.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I have absolutely no idea what your problem is. If you want the game to look exactly like the original Ttd, it doesn't look that way either. If you want vanilla without changes, then do not use any graphics, because there will always be some minor change according to the author's intention.
Tante2k
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tante2k »

Argus wrote: 21 Aug 2023 09:08 I have absolutely no idea what your problem is. If you want the game to look exactly like the original Ttd, it doesn't look that way either. If you want vanilla without changes, then do not use any graphics, because there will always be some minor change according to the author's intention.
I don't think you understand what is happening here at all. Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Nobody is complaining or having a problem, except for you. I'm asking a question.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

My bad English messed it up, sorry.
I'm translating via google and maybe it sounds unnecessarily harsh and ugly. I don't want to offend anyone.
I don't have a problem, I was just asking what is actually being done here. :) It doesn't matter if there are supposed to be any pixels one way or the other. The main thing is that it all works and we enjoy the game :) And honestly, I didn't look at all to see if BSPI is visually different from vanilla, if so, then it's most likely the author's intention.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Tante2k wrote: 21 Aug 2023 12:42 I don't think you understand what is happening here at all.

Nobody is complaining or having a problem, except for you. I'm asking a question.
It seems to be one, noone does fully understand. Let me try.
Tante2k wrote: 19 Aug 2023 23:56 Is this fully compatible with the original TTD GRFs?
No, it isn't, because it is not part of the original game. It is a economy different from the original game economy, made with graphics different from the original game graphics. But it works with the original vehicles in the latest OpenTTD versions, even the cargo graphics can be wrong for single freight types.

Did I forget something?

Tschö, Auge

Return to “Graphics Releases”