Noob questions

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

fllye
Engineer
Engineer

Noob questions

Post by fllye »

Hi there,

i played TTD a long time ago ... now i tryed openTTD and i realy like it, but i have some noob questions.

- I have two stations in a big city ... first one is an airport and a train station .. seccond is a dock for ships .. the big airport/train stations has arround 300 passengers .. in seccond station for ships i have more than 1.300 passengers .... why ?

- In long train tracks i get the message that the train is lost .. but is not .. should i use some middle station or what ?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Noob questions

Post by Eddi »

number of passengers mostly depends on which houses are nearby, not how big or small the station is (a bus stop in the town center is probably more crowded than an airport on the outskirts of a town)

"train is lost" can appear if a train reverses because of waiting too long at a red signal. often it'll bump into the rear end of a one-way signal and immediately turn around again, making it not-lost. you can disable this turning around.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Noob questions

Post by Transportman »

Also, with CargoDist enabled, it might be that you have a lot of passengers via the docks, but not enough capacity to handle it.

For your second question: A savegame or screenshot might help, it should not give that message as long as there is a path to the next station that it can follow (so fully electrified for electric trains, no reversing needed), is the train getting there without reversing or anything?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML

Return to “General OpenTTD”