Android port

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Android - Mouse stuck in top left

Post by skc »

ashahidi wrote: 14 Dec 2022 15:10 The game had been working completely fine until my phone upgraded to Android 13. Now when I open the game I can use it fine touch controls but my Bluetooth mouse has it's cursor stuck in the top left. I've tried restarting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail.

Any advice?
Is that only within OpenTTD or when using the rest of the phone/tablet as well?
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Android port

Post by pelya »

That looks like SDL2 bug. No idea when I'll be able to fix it.
ashahidi
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Android - Mouse stuck in top left

Post by ashahidi »

skc wrote: 15 Dec 2022 03:10
ashahidi wrote: 14 Dec 2022 15:10 The game had been working completely fine until my phone upgraded to Android 13. Now when I open the game I can use it fine touch controls but my Bluetooth mouse has it's cursor stuck in the top left. I've tried restarting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail.

Any advice?
Is that only within OpenTTD or when using the rest of the phone/tablet as well?
Only OpenTTD, mouse works completely fine with other apps/games on the phone.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I'm still in the army, so no 13.0 Android release for you folks.

It will soon be one year, but it does not look like we'll get a demobilisation order at that point. Maybe this summer the war eases up enough to allow some people to leave.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Although I still don't have access to the Play store (problem on my end), iSoSyS has stepped up and has been providing updates, making them available via F-Droid. OpenTTD 13 will get an Android release in the near future.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.openttd.fdroid/
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

kamnet wrote: 05 Feb 2023 23:32 Although I still don't have access to the Play store (problem on my end), iSoSyS has stepped up and has been providing updates, making them available via F-Droid. OpenTTD 13 will get an Android release in the near future.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.openttd.fdroid/
It has a different package name and is signed with different certificate, so it cannot be used as an update.

What's the problem with Play Store?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

pelya wrote: 06 Feb 2023 05:54 What's the problem with Play Store?
It won't let me sign in, it gives an ambiguous error message, and there's no support response from Google.

iSoSyS messaged me and said that you provided him with the credentials and he was able to gain access and can do future updates from the store.
hellToncek
Engineer
Engineer

Android OpenTTD mouse bug

Post by hellToncek »

I love to play OpenTTD on PC. I've just found out that OpenTTD is available for my Samsung Tab. I have a mouse and keyboard connected, but when I want to use a mouse, it always glitches. In every other app it works even in games but in OpenTTD it stucks to the left top corner and just doesn't work.

Do you have, guys, some idea how to fix this and play OpenTTD on Tab? I think I tried everything.

Thanks
danko
Engineer
Engineer

Post by danko »

Can't wait for the Android's OpenTTD 13.0. To have all those new improvements on mobile would be nothing short of fantastic. Is there a reasonable chance for it to be released next week? That would be a great birthday gift for me. :bow:
kamnet

Re: Android OpenTTD mouse bug

Post by kamnet »

hellToncek wrote: 18 Feb 2023 19:47 I have a mouse and keyboard connected, but when I want to use a mouse, it always glitches. In every other app it works even in games but in OpenTTD it stucks to the left top corner and just doesn't work.
It's a recently known issue, which may be fixed in the OpenTTD 13 release for Android.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I've finally managed to get myself a laptop, I've paid $100 for it and it has 15 years old Core 2 Duo CPU.
OpenTTD compilation takes more than one hour for one architecture.
I still somehow managed to set up Github CI to build Android package and publish it to Play Store as a beta release automatically, after each Git push to pelya/commandergenius repo. You only need to increase version number in AndroidAppSettings.cfg.
I have also gave iSoSyS write access to both pelya/commandergenius and pelya/opentd-android repos.
I'm still in the army.
NSP_22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NSP_22 »

So, this window here below only works within a small area for me (marked with a square), and to make it work normally, it could needed to be zoomed in like 100x. Anyone knows why is this happening?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230530_220929_org.openttd.sdl.jpg
(1.61 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_20230530_221434.jpg
Screenshot_20230530_221434.jpg (167.84 KiB) Viewed 3831 times
:bow:
kamnet

OpenTTD Android - Experimental release for 13.4

Post by kamnet »

OpenTTD Android - Experimental release for 13.4
https://nextcloud.miguelhorta.name/inde ... RqLYk65Sjf

Some bugs were fixed, some remain, and new ones were added.
  • Toggling title bars should work again
  • Accessing SDL configuration during startup should be easier, as it was moved away from the Play Services popup
  • Local Authority window should fixed
  • The bug where the bootup time might take take too long is yet to be fixed
  • Cost estimate preview window is not working
  • Buttons and other elements size might need some balance as the option "button size" was removed in favor of "Interface size" glider

Feedback is welcomed here, on the official OpenTTD Discord server, or on the official GitHub.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

I've published it to beta channel on Play Store. I did not try to run it yet :D
misklik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by misklik »

No luck on samsung s23 after the 23/08/2023 update, the mouse pointer still refuses to allow leaving the top corner.
SoniHikari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SoniHikari »

Why is automatic zoom using the screen removed in the latest version? It's very bad for touch screen users
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Pinch-zoom works in the beta version on Play Store. Was it broken in the production release? I cannot test right now.
SoniHikari
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SoniHikari »

It is broken in both versions, release or beta
Last edited by SoniHikari on 23 Nov 2023 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
Johnicedoe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Johnicedoe »

Solution to the mouse stuck at the top left problem. save a game to the computer. copy the savegame to your mobile device. load the savegame and you can use the mouse and many other computer buttons
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

My situation still has not changed. Chances of OpenTTD 14 released on Android are minimal.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”