Goods at a factory

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Aetherbound
Engineer
Engineer

Goods at a factory

Post by Aetherbound »

No matter how much steel I drop off at the factory, my station never accrues goods unless the train is sitting in the station. What am I doing wrong?
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Goods at a factory

Post by skc »

Several useful things are missing from your post, which would help us narrow down what the problem is.

This list isn't exhaustive:
1) A screenshot is handy. This allows us to see where the factory and station are, as well as what's around them that may be influencing things. If possible, also include in the screenshot the orders for vehicles bringing the steel in to and of a train that takes the goods away from that station.
2) A savegame is also great, as there may be other settings involved (including NewGRF's).
Aetherbound
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Aetherbound »

save fille attached
Attachments
Factory goods not sccruing.sav
(123.7 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Yes, industries only distribute cargo to stations where a vehicle has arrived that carries that cargo. This makes sure, if there are multiple stations in range of an industry, that the cargo only goes to the one the player wants it to.
In the case of your savegame, no vehicle is transporting goods away from the factory, so no goods are being distributed to the station. Your train 1 has goods wagons, but its orders are to unload and leave empty at the factory.
Aetherbound
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Aetherbound »

The train that leaves to the north of the factory does in fact have two good cars, check again. It will drop off 80 ton of steel but only accrues goods when that train is in th station. when that train is not in the station no goods accrue, even though I'm dropping off steel, cattle, amd grain. No other station is anywhere near the factory so where are all those resources going?

---------------------------------------

I played 4 hours last night and the most goods that I ever transport is 21-22. Something is bugged.

---------------------------------------

I just loaded that save and i think I've found the problem! Let you know
Last edited by Geo Ghost on 09 Feb 2023 01:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined triple posts
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Your train with goods wagons has "unload and leave empty" orders, so won't load at the factory.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

You should read what the Wiki has to say about the station rating and the distribution of produced cargo. To put it in a nutshell, make sure that there's always a vehicle with a full load order at your goods pick-up station.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”