OpenTTD 13.0 released!

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 13.0 released!

Post by Michi_cc »

Breaking news: OpenTTD 13.0 is finally available! Depending on your perspective, we’re either two months early for our usual April 1st release, or a bit tardy for the Christmas 2022 release we intended.

This version brings numerous additions to the game, both on the UI side and on the gameplay side.
Highlights include fractional interface scaling, NewGRF engine variants, multi-track level crossings and various UI improvements.

For the full story, see the release announcement: https://www.openttd.org/news/2023/02/05 ... -13-0.html
agentw4b
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: OpenTTD 13.0 released!

Post by agentw4b »

Thanks, but I don't see an Ubuntu Linux version of the game there yet. There is only some generic version. Will there be a version for Ubuntu?
Owner and admin of servers with names "Experimental games" .
My heightmaps: Flat Earth Map and United nations logo
My scenarios: Game Fallout 1,2,3 Map scenario
My gamescripts: City Founder GS
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

agentw4b wrote: 05 Feb 2023 19:27 Thanks, but I don't see an Ubuntu Linux version of the game there yet. There is only some generic version. Will there be a version for Ubuntu?
it shouldn't be too long and OpenTTD will be updated in the Ubuntu repo's, so you'll be able to download it through Synaptic (or equiv.).
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

yeah master hellish is cool "Plus" for advertising OpenTTD, he has done so many cool videos :)
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Release notes wrote:
  • More natural rivers which get wider as they flow downstream.
More natural... yeah, right.
Attachments
screenshot.png
(194.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
agentw4b
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by agentw4b »

skc wrote: 05 Feb 2023 20:31
agentw4b wrote: 05 Feb 2023 19:27 Thanks, but I don't see an Ubuntu Linux version of the game there yet. There is only some generic version. Will there be a version for Ubuntu?
it shouldn't be too long and OpenTTD will be updated in the Ubuntu repo's, so you'll be able to download it through Synaptic (or equiv.).
And is there any reason why it can't be downloaded from the openttd site yet? I've always done it that way. I only use Ubuntu without a graphical environment, so I don't know what Synaptic is. Ubuntu distributions usually have very old versions of Openttd.
Owner and admin of servers with names "Experimental games" .
My heightmaps: Flat Earth Map and United nations logo
My scenarios: Game Fallout 1,2,3 Map scenario
My gamescripts: City Founder GS
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

The "Linux generic" binaries would probably work for you. Alternatively, you can download the sources and compile them yourself.

That said, it would be nice if the latest distributions were packaged and released as installable packages at least in the most popular formats, such as DEB and RPM.
Skarfester
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Skarfester »

OpenTTD 13.0-2 is now available on Debian repositories, so it should be available for Ubuntu and derivatives as well.
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Purchase land multiple tiles at a time was a bad, bad, bad idea. This is becoming the reality on some servers...
Grunpool Transport, 2407-04-09.png
(645.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot#1.png
(609.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

odisseus wrote: 17 Mar 2023 20:04 Purchase land multiple tiles at a time was a bad, bad, bad idea. This is becoming the reality on some servers...

Grunpool Transport, 2407-04-09.png
screenshot#1.png
Well, if that's what the server operator wants?
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Unfortunately, most "operators" don't monitor their servers 24/7. Most of them don't even know that there are ways to limit purchasing land.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

OpenTTD 13.0 has been out for two months and we've found some bugs to fix in 13.1! Most notably, we've fixed two kinds of crashes:
  • Road vehicles inside multi-track level crossings no longer crash into the side of trains.
  • The game no longer crashes when a spectator in a network game tries to interact with a town's local authority.
For NewGRF authors using the new engine variant feature, we've added a callback to select how the engine's name is displayed in the buy menu.

Go check it out and try not to crash!
https://www.openttd.org/news/2023/04/10 ... -13-1.html
krtog027
Engineer
Engineer

Post by krtog027 »

Michi_cc wrote: 05 Feb 2023 18:23 Breaking news: OpenTTD 13.0 is finally available! Depending on your perspective, we’re either two months early for our usual April 1st release, or a bit tardy for the Christmas 2022 release we intended.

This version brings numerous additions to the game, both on the UI side and on the gameplay side.
Highlights include fractional interface scaling, NewGRF engine variants, multi-track level crossings and various UI improvements.

For the full story, see the release announcement: https://www.openttd.org/news/2023/02/05 ... -13-0.html
o no i might have to lose my progress :shock:
Krtog :D
Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Michi_cc »

OpenTTD 13.1 will open older savegames without problems. No progress has to be lost.

Return to “General OpenTTD”