Cargo not accepted in station but still appears in the Accepts list

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Jubilee
Engineer
Engineer

Cargo not accepted in station but still appears in the Accepts list

Post by Jubilee »

In a game, i accidentally send Steel from one station, to a station near a Farm instead of a Factory. Farms do not normally accept Steel, however in this case, Steel appeared in the Accepts list and since the Steel train visited the farm in rather long intervals, the Steel rating was pretty low (~15%). For those curious, i had added an "unload and leave empty" command in its orders.

I wonder the following:
  1. Why did Steel appear in the Accepts list, since Farms do not accept Steel and why did it have a rating? A bug perhaps?
  2. I stopped delivering Steel when i realized it, so will it eventually disappear from the Accepts list and if yes, when?
  3. Is there a way to prevent a station from accepting certain types of cargo? I think i remember that there is a way (can't remember why i remember this though :) and how it's enabled). For instance, if a station is near a city and also a factory is near that station too, is there a way to set that this station should not accept goods from the factory but only passengers and mail?
-----
Chaney 'Jubilee' (Steam powered)
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Cargo not accepted in station but still appears in the Accepts list

Post by jfs »

Are you sure you are not mixing up the station ratings and the accepted cargos?

Station ratings are for cargo you can pick up from the station. They have a % for how much of the cargo produced by the nearby houses and industries will be sent for transport from that station.

Accepts is a list of cargo types you can drop off at the station and receive payment for transport. They either are on the list or are not, and only appear if there are enough accepting tiles nearby.

A cargo type that nothing nearby can appear on the station ratings for a station if you forcibly drop-off cargo on the station, either via a "transfer" order, or by a force-unload order when the station does not accept the cargo. The dropped-off cargo then appears as in-transit cargo on the station's list of waiting cargo.
If nothing picks up the cargo from the station, the station rating for that cargo type will eventually drop, all the waiting cargo disappear because the rating is so low, and at some point the rating should disappear.

OpenTTD also has a logic for "cargo select". A cargo that is naturally produced near a station will only be sent for transport from the station if a vehicle has tried to pick up that cargo type from the station. I don't remember if that "selected cargo" status ever disappears from a station.
Jubilee
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Cargo not accepted in station but still appears in the Accepts list

Post by Jubilee »

jfs wrote: 04 Feb 2023 10:56Are you sure you are not mixing up the station ratings and the accepted cargos?
Of course i'm sure i'm mixing them! :)

You're right, it's the ratings i'm seeing so from what you say, i guess this is normal. Scratch that then from the questions list.
jfs wrote: 04 Feb 2023 10:56OpenTTD also has a logic for "cargo select". A cargo that is naturally produced near a station will only be sent for transport from the station if a vehicle has tried to pick up that cargo type from the station. I don't remember if that "selected cargo" status ever disappears from a station.
I think some years ago, i saw a way to prevent a station from servicing cargos from nearby industries, but i can't remember if i'm correct or how it happens.
-----
Chaney 'Jubilee' (Steam powered)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”