New town names in n scenario

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

New town names in n scenario

Post by Argus »

I am playing a scenario that is not finished - there are no cities in half of the map. Newgrf with the names of the cities that belong there is part of the script as a single graphic, but when creating the city I am offered the English names.
How do I force the game to take the names from the embedded names? Now the names can only be set when generating a new map and then it's impossible to get to it, at least I can't see it.
Previously, when city names were in Options, it could be set at any time.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New town names in n scenario

Post by Eddi »

as long as i remember, city names have never been able to change after scenario creation.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Oh, actually it was always gray, I don't remember exactly :oops: However, when I try to create a new city, it offers me English names. And this despite the fact that there are graphics with Swedish names in the game scenario.
I will somehow name the big cities according to the map, but I can hardly name the small villages myself so that it fits.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

in order to use NewGRF city names, you need to activate the GRF in the main menu, and then select the new entry in the list of town names. only AFTER that you may start the scenario
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

City names can only be set when starting a new game, not when starting a game scenario. The settings in the new game settings do not affect this. Yes, and it used to be in the main menu, but now it's not in Options.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I said it wrong, before the city names were in the Options menu, now they are not there and can only be selected when starting a new game, I can't find the option to set the city names as before, so that they are used in the generator of new city names. Before, I did it through the Options just as you write.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”