AXIS - Another eXtreme Industry Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: XIS - Extreme Industry Set

Post by Argus »

I thought about deactivating it Gamescript, unfortunately that didn't help either.
Then all I could think of was pure stupidity, to switch to English.
I also tried to enable experimental features. The same problem. Steel city works perfectly. Other economies look trimmed, apparently in preparation for adjustments.
Sorry for the multipost, I wanted to try and rule out as many possibilities as possible. Otherwise, I didn't change the parameters at all.
Attachments
Unnamed, Jan 4th, 1930.png
(1 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Sorry again, I forgot one quite expected detail regarding the station list, a slider will probably be needed
Attachments
Béziers Transport, 30. říj 1951.png
(623.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Argus wrote: 10 Jan 2023 12:19 I thought about deactivating it Gamescript, unfortunately that didn't help either.
Then all I could think of was pure stupidity, to switch to English.
I also tried to enable experimental features. The same problem. Steel city works perfectly. Other economies look trimmed, apparently in preparation for adjustments.
Sorry for the multipost, I wanted to try and rule out as many possibilities as possible. Otherwise, I didn't change the parameters at all.
Ah there's your problem. The economies that are marked INCOMPLETE are, in fact very incomplete and not playable. But it's not clearly marked if you use a language other than English.

I'll have to figure out how to hide those from the parameters until they're ready :)
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Argus wrote: 10 Jan 2023 14:19 Sorry again, I forgot one quite expected detail regarding the station list, a slider will probably be needed
This is a 'bug' in OpenTTD rather than anything to do with any NewGRF.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Emperor Jake wrote: 10 Jan 2023 20:21 Ah there's your problem. The economies that are marked INCOMPLETE are, in fact very incomplete and not playable. But it's not clearly marked if you use a language other than English.

I'll have to figure out how to hide those from the parameters until they're ready :)
From the beginning I wrote: Yes, it's playable, I haven't found any major glitches yet. Only the chemical economy is dysfunctional, not finished.
Then you wrote: Would you mind elaborating on how the chemical economy is dysfunctional? It's working as intended in my playtests
Yes, somehow we did not understand, I clearly saw from the beginning as it is marked. :) Shouldn't have been Chemical, but Chemistry :oops: :)
We didn't quite understand each other :) Sorry for my poor english :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Argus wrote: 10 Jan 2023 22:19
From the beginning I wrote: Yes, it's playable, I haven't found any major glitches yet. Only the chemical economy is dysfunctional, not finished.
Then you wrote: Would you mind elaborating on how the chemical economy is dysfunctional? It's working as intended in my playtests
Yes, somehow we did not understand, I clearly saw from the beginning as it is marked. :) Shouldn't have been Chemical, but Chemistry :oops: :)
We didn't quite understand each other :) Sorry for my poor english :)
No worries, I just misunderstood :)

I thought you meant there was something wrong with the chemical part of the only complete economy, I didn't consider that people would try the "incomplete" ones and forgot that the other translations wouldn't make that clear.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

So to be clear, the functional part of AXIS works quite OK, except for the occasional lag. :) I didn't think to try the dysfunctional economy until that question when my designation of the given economy was misunderstood - and the only one has a note about non-functionality :)
By the way, how about adding tea to coffee in the subtropics and tropics? :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

And to make it clear, only the Steel City economy is ready and playable so far, which basically doesn't match anymore, because it looks more like the old A Lot?
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Experimental features are also great, the Plaza is a good idea. And there could also be restaurants and shops with luxury goods that could further increase satisfaction if they were well stocked :)
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Does the meat processing plant produce fish? Is not it a mistake? :shock:
Attachments
Bloggs & Co., 24. dub 1953.png
(441.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Argus wrote: 11 Jan 2023 22:50 Does the meat processing plant produce fish? Is not it a mistake? :shock:
It's probably a translation mistake - in English, that's an abattoir and it produces food.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

AXIS does not yet have Czech. They are fish and they are also in the fishing grounds.
But according to the screen when setting English, it is clear. It's supposed to be fish and meat.
Attachments
Unnamed, Jan 1st, 1930.png
(2.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Argus wrote: 12 Jan 2023 10:33 AXIS does not yet have Czech. They are fish and they are also in the fishing grounds.
But according to the screen when setting English, it is clear. It's supposed to be fish and meat.
Ah, I was looking at XIS, not AXIS.
My previous remark about translation issues was assuming that you were using XIS.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

As for XIS, I already reported translation errors here, so again
Nitrate mine - x tunnitrátů - there should be a gap, x tun nitrátů
Vehicle dealer - Prodejce vozidfel - F shouldn't be there.
Yellow Cab
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yellow Cab »

Emperor Jake wrote: 09 Jan 2023 20:08 (...) Likewise, translations will need to be redone but it should be easier and less confusing this time :)
Just let me know when and how. Happy to contribute Dutch translations.
Can someone bring me a new pixel? This one 's dead.
AdmiralEllis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AdmiralEllis »

Argus wrote: 11 Jan 2023 18:52 Experimental features are also great, the Plaza is a good idea. And there could also be restaurants and shops with luxury goods that could further increase satisfaction if they were well stocked :)
What do the experimental features do? I haven't seen it written anywhere and after poking around for a bit with them on I cannot tell.
Oakman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oakman »

Age of Industry Replacement Set (AIRS) came up with the idea of container terminals (inland and harbor) which have a goods -> goods chain. Wouldn't that also fit to XIS?
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

AdmiralEllis wrote: 25 Jan 2023 22:48
Argus wrote: 11 Jan 2023 18:52 Experimental features are also great, the Plaza is a good idea. And there could also be restaurants and shops with luxury goods that could further increase satisfaction if they were well stocked :)
What do the experimental features do? I haven't seen it written anywhere and after poking around for a bit with them on I cannot tell.
There is a plaza in the cities that has some informative function, but I don't know what it does exactly yet.
Yellow Cab
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yellow Cab »

Not sure if you need any ideas for industries, but how about an agricultural one? An economy mainly focused on food production and procession, with lots of different harvests and procession methods? With on-time delivery of food to the cities as the 'end product'?
Can someone bring me a new pixel? This one 's dead.
Macchinista
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Macchinista »

Hi Emperor, Italian translation updated (for AXIS)

Return to “Graphics Development”