Moderator: OpenTTD Developers
- (98.63 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
- Bugfix: loading a savegame while creating a new service with ships
- Bugfix: do not send helicopters to hangars instead of the terminal
- Bugfix: repairing pathfinder was sometimes unable to restore paths along diagonal tracks
- Bugfix: savegames while using the repairing pathfinders sometimes caused bad behaviour after reloading
- Trains: better support for narrow gauge newGRF
- AI Settings: more options to limit company expansion
What is the best AI for Railway only? I´m looking for Railway AI because i like to play with ships and Aircraft. So i´m looking for AI which will build Trains instead of me. Admiral AI sucks. Admiral AI build only simple trains.
This AI is available via the in-game content. After starting openTTD, you can choose the option 'check online content' and search for RailwAI. When you select RailwAI, you can press the download-button on the right to download it.
In order to play with/against RailwAI, you should tell openTTD to use it. After downloading, you can select 'AI/Game Script Settings' from the main screen in openTTD. Here you can select the artificial competitors and configure them.
- Minimum required OpenTTD version increased to 1.10
- Bugfix: repairing pathfinder should not update its counters in testmode
- Bugfix: crash when trying to place a railway signal on a tile without rail
- Allow to transport two cargo types in one train (e.g livestock/grain or passengers/mail)
- Rail pathfinder: Take slope steepness into account
- Do not use slow trucks or trains for long distance transport
- Do not build stations that can not be used by articulated road vehicles if articulated road vehicles are used
- Do not try to convert a rail type if crossings are present that can not be converted
- Increase financial buffer, such that economical recessions are less of a problem
- Allow to use different roadtypes over the years when RattRoads/U&Ratt newGRF is activated
- Bugfix: do not remove water depots that are still in use
- Automatically remove water depots that are not in use
- Use the livery colour in the company name with a chance of 6%
Does it work better now, or do you have any suggestions on improvement for new road types?sevenfm wrote: ↑22 Oct 2019 18:29 Found two problems with this AI when tried it in my game (JGR 0.32):
1. It does not understand road types (I used rattroads) - it builds standard expensive road instead of cheapest, even though the fastest vehicle can run at 30 km/h at that time.
2. It builds intercity roads which can hardly pay for their maintenance at that time, instead of building local bus networks in big towns which could be very profitable and provide a cash for later expansion.
- Take the freight weight multiplier into account when determining the amount of required locomotives in a train
- More frequent use of railway tunnels when the world has hills
- Several pathfinder optimizations
- Allow slopes under a railway station or airport, as long as it can be built
- Use less planes on a single route
- Use the monorail Millenium Z1 locomotive as a locomotive
- Improved support for different trains NewGRF (Czech Railways set, 2cc set and more)
- Bugfix: compute size of financial buffer correctly
- Bugfix: do not forget to electrify railway depots
- Bugfix: do not occasionally remove a railway bridge of another railway line when building a new railway line on adjacent tiles
- Bugfix: railway lines were not always removed after a decision to sell all vehicles on the line
It might be really cool idea when's there's the next update.
- Improved financial management (bank loans)
- Allow to demolish houses to build a railway track
- Allow to build train stations on sloped tiles
- Rail pathfinder optimizations
- Use more than one depot on longer passenger railway lines when breakdowns are enabled
- Bugfixes in the function to add wagons to an existing train
- Bugfix: don't build disconnected railway track after building a bridge to cross another, diagonal railway line
- Bugfix: on a single track railway line, don't place signals near the a station on such that deadlocks occur
AIGroup.GetProfitLastYear gets the profit vehicles had last year, but it doesn't include the profits of vehicles below minimum age, while AIGroup.GetProfitThisYear does.
I ask, what were you expecting the function to do when you coded it in RailwAI? When trying to read your code seems that you wanted to include (or exclude) some groups if the vehicles are not old enough.
- Passenger trains now stop at the middle of the platform
- Planting trees now consumes less time per group of trees planted
- Connect railway depots with two tracks instead of one
- Be able to continue converting rail track types on the map from a savegame
- Be able to build slightly different station throats
- Replace road vehicles with faster road vehicles if available
- Check town ratings when planning new train stations
- Improvements on making railway bridges double track
- Bugfix: do not accidentally remove a part of the first track when building parts of the second track
- Bugfix: unintended division by zero (thanks for reporting, AAAHogEx)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests