OpenLoco makes some mods unselectable

Got problems with Locomotion? Find assistance here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

3810down
Engineer
Engineer

OpenLoco makes some mods unselectable

Post by 3810down »

Hello everyone! I have just started getting my head around OpenLoco, original file assets are the Steam-version. And of course I wanna enjoy all of the fantastic mods that have been made. I have however noticed that quite a few mods are unselectable in OpenLoco. For example I can no longer choose the "Passenger Station Baseplate" (PFUND.dat). Too many objects of this type selected is the error, but I only have 3 tracks of the maximum (8).

To rule out that it would be problem with the mods I have tried with the exact same files in the GOG version which works fine.

Has anyone had similar problems with OpenLoco and is there a possible solution? :? :bow:

A little notion: Some of my old saved scenarios cannot be opened at all as a consequence of this. Everything works however in the vanilla version I have on GOG. Everything also worked on the CD version, way back in the days.

All the best.
lsbc
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenLoco makes some mods unselectable

Post by lsbc »

Many times the solution is simple. I would copy the GOG trackst.dat to your steam objdat folder. MAKE a copy of the trackst.dat you are replacing first. Also a good habit would be to make a rar or zip file of the objdat folder before you make any changes to it. Hope this helps.
Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenLoco makes some mods unselectable

Post by Zakos »

That error happens in the base game when an object requires that another object be selected alongside it. Most likely, you already have 7 or 8 of the max 8 bridges that can be selected, and the baseplate needs to automatically select its 2 bridges (Large and Medium Concourse) and can't because too many are selected. If that's it, then you'll have to manually remove 1 or 2 of the bridges required by trackst.dat or any of the other track/road types using Locotool if you want the station pack and whichever other pack you're using to work together. I personally have a few copies of trackst.dat fitted to whatever I need them for on different save files.

If you're not familiar with editing the files, there's a sticky in this forum. Be warned, it's a little wordy.

Return to “Locomotion Problems, FAQs and Tutorials”