[32bpp EZ] GETS-Waypoints

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

[32bpp EZ] GETS-Waypoints

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

Hello!

After a year off messing around with trains, i thought it would be a nice addition to have some matching waypoints to the GETS-trains.

So here you go, 15 different signs and 10 Signal boxes.
GETS_WP_small.png
GETS_WP_small.png (640.71 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
You'll might argue, that the signs don't differ THAT much in standard zoom. You'll be fully right, yet this wasn't the scope at all.

Available via In-Game Downloader. Source is here: https://github.com/GarlicBread42/GETS-Waypoints
Attachments
gets_wp_0.1.grf
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [32bpp EZ] GETS-Waypoints

Post by ebla71 »

These waypoints are really nice and a big plus for every central European game :D

There is just one problem - they do not blend well with track sets such as U&ReRMM 2 since they seem to "bring along their own track" graphics

Is there a way to make the waypoints more independent of the track set? The "Auz Waypoints" for example seem to be much more agnostic towards which track set is loaded
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

Guess, i don't get what you mean exactly.
UREREMM.png
UREREMM.png (717.67 KiB) Viewed 3410 times
For me they do look fine with U&RE&REMM - except maybe for the signal boxes on the urban mainline.
Could you explain a bit more in detail what you mean?
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

Garlic_Bread42 wrote: 24 Dec 2022 00:40 Could you explain a bit more in detail what you mean?
Argh - unfortunately did not save a screenshot and now cannot reproduce the problem :?

It showed the "basic track" (very simple black rail) at the tile where the waypoint was placed but adjacent unmodified pieces showed the one from the NewGRF loaded.

But I have now extensively played around with the three "normal" climates (non-toyland) and put the GETS waypoints NewGRF at the start, the end, and in the middle of the NewGRF list and mysteriously, it works now :)

Maybe just some unfortunate temporary effect - unfortunately my NewGRF list is way too long to post here ...
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

ebla71 wrote: 24 Dec 2022 13:17
But I have now extensively played around with the three "normal" climates (non-toyland) and put the GETS waypoints NewGRF at the start, the end, and in the middle of the NewGRF list and mysteriously, it works now :)

Maybe just some unfortunate temporary effect - unfortunately my NewGRF list is way too long to post here ...
Sorry for the long period of silence - At the end i'm glad you don't have this issue anymore.
If it occurs again, I'd appreciate if you report it.
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gravelpit »

What graphics program do you use to create grf's?
Garlic_Bread42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Garlic_Bread42 »

gravelpit wrote: 12 Feb 2023 12:13 What graphics program do you use to create grf's?
Hi,

the toolchain for all GETS-stuff has been invented by Timberwolf. For the sprites it's Magica Voxel into GoRender. If you want more insights into this, check his tutorials on Youtube.

Return to “Graphics Releases”