SBB-CFF-FFS Set (Swiss Trains) v1.0e (7/6/2015)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: SBB-CFF-FFS Set (Swiss Trains) v1.0e (7/6/2015)

Post by romazoon »

I can t play without your set, it s just so nice looking !

One small bug though : when using the refit option to NOT carry mail those refitted trains will refuse to autorenew/autoreplace

edit : i ve found in the readme that this is a limitation of the game, so sorry for useless bugreport, one thing though still concerning those driving trailers, is that the loading speed with or without mail of the driving trailers are very different (it s very slow when there is mail to load or unload)
And while i m at it, imho driving trailer should not carry any mail at all given the problems it raises :no autorenew, longer loading times, or small nuisance like adding mail service without realizing it (that last thing can even be sneaky : a train Re460 lok2000 with unified IV cars and the adapted driving trailer refitted to NOT carry mail, if you clone it, the clone WILL carry mail)
p4nzer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p4nzer »

Is this set still being updated? Are there any plans for the Einheitswagen V or Twindexx?
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

p4nzer wrote:Is this set still being updated?
Well, not exactly "being updated". I have not worked on it in a while and have little time.

But sooner or later I might do a little update and bugfix.
Are there any plans for the Twindexx?
Yes, I even announced that one in the readme.
Einheitswagen V
What do you mean?
p4nzer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p4nzer »

Thanks for the update :D
Einheitswagen V
I think I meant EC250 but I got some wires crossed, sorry
dandan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dandan »

p4nzer wrote: I think I meant EC250 but I got some wires crossed, sorry
Thanks. Yes, I guess that's an option. That would really add something since it would be the first train in the set with a top speed above 200km/h.
Valdez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Valdez »

Hi Dandan,

one little thing with regards to 1.0e - when played in combination with Japan track set (the most current version - January 2016), the Eem 923 acts as a regular electric locomotive, no dual mode. Haven't tried any other track sets (to be honest, the only track sets I have used in past 3 or so years are this and Pikka's finescale UK). Any idea how to fix that?
My visits on the forums are sporadic only, so PMs may go unanswered for a long time. If you wish to report a bug etc., the best option is via DM or ping on r/Openttd Discord
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Valdez wrote:Hi Dandan,

one little thing with regards to 1.0e - when played in combination with Japan track set (the most current version - January 2016), the Eem 923 acts as a regular electric locomotive, no dual mode. Haven't tried any other track sets (to be honest, the only track sets I have used in past 3 or so years are this and Pikka's finescale UK). Any idea how to fix that?
A similar behavior exists with the FRISS tracks I use (diesel only for most overhead tracktypes) - and probably the xUSSR tracks as well. The issue with these dual-mode vehicles is that they would have to have a parameter to accommodate all these different track types correctly, which may or may not be impossible. If it's feasible, it sure sounds like a lot of work to me.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Valle wrote:
Valdez wrote:Hi Dandan,

A similar behavior exists with the FRISS tracks I use (diesel only for most overhead tracktypes) - and probably the xUSSR tracks as well. The issue with these dual-mode vehicles is that they would have to have a parameter to accommodate all these different track types correctly, which may or may not be impossible. If it's feasible, it sure sounds like a lot of work to me.
Regarding the Eem 923, I'd like to report another discovery I just made: its real-life top speed appears to be 120 km/h according to this manufacturer source, as opposed to the 100 km/h found in the set as of v1.0e. Chances are that the current value might have come from the English Wikipedia page, possibly based on some sources dated from around the development phase that stated 100 km/h for SBB Cargo. While it might still be its towing speed (and indicated on the frame), this value appears to be obsolete as the top speed under under own power.

Like the above document by Stadler and this SBB source, the German Wikipedia states 120 km/h. Could you adjust the top speed in your next release, please? Thanks in advance.
master_kingdomII
Engineer
Engineer

Post by master_kingdomII »

Hello Community!
I'm master_kingdomII and I have a little question. Is there a possibility, that this set will be updated? There are a few new trains from SBB, for example FV-Dosto or Mouette. No matter, if this will be expensive, I would pay for it definitely (If it would cost for users). This style is amazing and I really enjoy playing with your set, but if there been an update, I would enjoy the set even more :D (If I can help, just tell me. I try to help as much as I can).
Best wishes from switzerland
master_kingdomII

Return to “Graphics Releases”