The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by ChillCore »

I did delete that post yeah ... there's peeps worse off then me and yeah

Meanwhile ... I wish you all great holidays
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Ten years after Mayan World End

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

When I am writing this line, the time is 2022-12-22 07:37 UTC+08, or 2022-12-21 23:37 UTC. The Mayan World End date, however, is 2012-12-21. This means that there have been ten years since the "world end", and we are still alive.

... But I am probably positive for COVID now. China stopped locking down.
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

the world will be ending ... in 5 billion years
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

ChillCore wrote: 22 Dec 2022 05:46 the world will be ending ... in 5 billion years
Doesn't matter ti me. I'll be dead long before then unless there is some miracle.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Chrill

Re: Ten years after Mayan World End

Post by Chrill »

JohnFranklin523 wrote: 21 Dec 2022 23:48... But I am probably positive for COVID now. China stopped locking down.
I've noticed. I work with a lot of large eCommerce partners based in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hangzhou and Shanghai. They are not shipping very fast right now, because nobody is working. :o
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Well, that'd explain why my orders for spare console parts, mostly from Shenzhen & Zhengzhou are taking ages. Unfortunately for cheap but fairly decent spares, Huaqiangbei - part of Shenzhen is really quite hard to beat price-wise. Plus they seem to sell a bit of everything you can ever think of.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Ten years after Mayan World End

Post by Drury »

JohnFranklin523 wrote: 21 Dec 2022 23:48 When I am writing this line, the time is 2022-12-22 07:37 UTC+08, or 2022-12-21 23:37 UTC. The Mayan World End date, however, is 2012-12-21. This means that there have been ten years since the "world end", and we are still alive.
I like to think the world actually did end on that date, and we're currently in a bizarre limbo where everything is fake and nothing has to make sense anymore.

Feels pretty good actually. Didn't like the material plane much anyways, was kinda boring.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

The world doesn't end. Maybe people's society does, if the electricity fails... Doom scenario... And some people survive almost anything, so lot of things could happen.
The Maya calendar did end, but their society ended already with the arrival of the white man, who came by ship. I personally do not believe the end right now.
It's an option, but no-one can predict such a thing...
Maybe the sun burst and changes into supernova.

Anyway, I wish everybody a great ending of the year, pick up the last day of christmas, be a nice person and careful with fireworks when that happens.
Have a good holiday!
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

diesel locomotives the first 50 years!

Post by CTarana45 »

Diesel locomotives the first 50 years! I ordered the book from Amazon, hopefully it will arrive shortly! :lol:

Christopher Tarana

The book arrived at 1600 hours! A paperback in Excellent condition!
Last edited by CTarana45 on 05 Jan 2023 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
Chrill

Re: diesel locomotives the first 50 years!

Post by Chrill »

CTarana45 wrote: 05 Jan 2023 04:00 Diesel locomotives the first 50 years! I ordered the book from Amazon, hopefully it will arrive shortly! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
Not every new post requires a new thread. Sometimes, the Thread of Randomness is perfect for those things you like to post but won't generate a massive discussion.
My Scenarios:
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

I've Bookmarked the Thread! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

My wife is working from home now! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

CTarana45 wrote: 22 Jan 2023 18:04 My wife is working from home now! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
I personally don't like working from home. Did it when the UK went into lock down due to the pandemic, and liked it at first but came to realise that I missed the social interactions that I otherwise would have had.

Definitely better now I'm back in the office.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
WolfRamXx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WolfRamXx »

dol422 wrote: 22 Jan 2023 18:38 but came to realise that I missed the social interactions that I otherwise would have had.
Im genuinly strugle with this exact thing. I cant find suitible work for many reasons, which one of them being i cant work with people... id prefer to work alone from home over anything... :cry:
Owner of WolfTrans.com. An fictional trucking company.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

dol422 wrote: 22 Jan 2023 18:38 I personally don't like working from home. Did it when the UK went into lock down due to the pandemic, and liked it at first but came to realise that I missed the social interactions that I otherwise would have had.

I really like working from home. I go to the office 3 times per week since about a year back, and the commute makes it awful. I'd rather sleep in.
My Scenarios:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

dol422 wrote: 22 Jan 2023 18:38 I personally don't like working from home. Did it when the UK went into lock down due to the pandemic, and liked it at first but came to realise that I missed the social interactions that I otherwise would have had.

I worked from home pre-Covid, went into an office maybe once a month, so I'm rather used to WfH.

During Covid though, I changed jobs (naturally, not caused by the Pandemic thankfully) and have since started going to the office once a week, which doesn't sound so bad, until you realise it's 130 miles away :lol: I usually try and tie it in with heading to the south for a weekend, as I'm most the way there by the time I get to the office. Still, I enjoy visiting the office when I get chance to.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

I like to read books! :lol: Any kind from Fiction to Non!

Christopher Tarana
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

CTarana45 wrote: 25 Jan 2023 18:42 I like to read books! :lol: Any kind from Fiction to Non!

Christopher Tarana
As a child, I used to love reading books. Although as an adult, if I am being entirely honest, I rarely find time to pick up a book, and if I do, I tend to not really focus on it and quickly get distracted.
Having said that I recently (well last year) read Axioms End by Lindsay Ellis, which must have been pretty good as it held my attention. Although I have now realised there's a follow up book when I went to fetch the amazon link, so maybe I need to get that too now :D
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

American Train Set! The US Set! :lol: I like the way Locomotive availability changes over time!

Christopher Tarana
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Had a blast from the past! The I Has A Bucket website is still live, one of the memes from the early days of everything, I remember people on TT-F IRC doing this meme frequently.

Return to “Off-Topic”