Mouse right-click to scroll not working

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

troubled_muppet
Engineer
Engineer

Mouse right-click to scroll not working

Post by troubled_muppet »

Hi. Today the usual behavior (using the mouse with the right button down to scroll the map) stopped working: when I try this, the map just shivers, as though I'm hitting an edge somehow. Other mouse functions work as usual (the left button to place items, the scroll wheel to zoom in/out), and I can still scroll the map using the keyboard.

This is happening on Linux (I've tried it on two different machines), with several different mice. It's very strange, because it worked fine just yesterday.
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Mouse right-click to scroll not working

Post by skc »

troubled_muppet wrote: 25 Nov 2022 19:20 Hi. Today the usual behavior (using the mouse with the right button down to scroll the map) stopped working: when I try this, the map just shivers, as though I'm hitting an edge somehow. Other mouse functions work as usual (the left button to place items, the scroll wheel to zoom in/out), and I can still scroll the map using the keyboard.

This is happening on Linux (I've tried it on two different machines), with several different mice. It's very strange, because it worked fine just yesterday.
What version of OTTD are you using?
It's displayed at the top of the main interface screen.
Or from a terminal:

Code: Select all

openttd --help|head -n1

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”