Top toolbar too small on Mac Retina display

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

krovellium
Engineer
Engineer

Top toolbar too small on Mac Retina display

Post by krovellium »

Hi all, first post. As you've probably heard, the size of the top menubar on any sort of hi-dpi (namely the Retina display i'm using) is incredibly tiny, even on double scale. I've tried everything in the book from setting hi_dpi to true and false, quad size, turning off hardware acceleration, but nothing works. Any ideas? (screenshots provided)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 10.29.38 PM.png
OpenGFX
(2.08 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 1.37.05 PM.png
original_dos
(2.59 MiB) Not downloaded yet
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Top toolbar too small on Mac Retina display

Post by jfs »

Are you sure you're turning up the interface scale in the game? There are two settings in OpenTTD 12, one controlling font size, and one controlling interface scale. It's the setting for interface scale that affects how large the toolbar icons are.
skc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skc »

I've found that using the 'aBase' and 'zBase' (yes, aBase is ~6 years since last update, and zBase is ~7 years) gives a very good interface size at 1920x1080 screen-res, leaving the interface size setting on 'auto detect'.
These can both be downloaded from the Online Content section of the game's interface.
krovellium
Engineer
Engineer

Post by krovellium »

jfs wrote: 23 Nov 2022 09:34 Are you sure you're turning up the interface scale in the game? There are two settings in OpenTTD 12, one controlling font size, and one controlling interface scale. It's the setting for interface scale that affects how large the toolbar icons are.
yeah, double on both. quad size is unplayable

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”