Vehicles sets for Extreme Industry mod

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

AdriKitty
Engineer
Engineer

Vehicles sets for Extreme Industry mod

Post by AdriKitty »

Hello there!

I was wondering whether there is a set of vehicles that look like the standard base game vehicle sets that I could use with the extreme / FIRS industry mods. Currently, this means that I need to refit every vehicle and while some trucks can carry only wood for instance, others (ore trucks or grain trucks) can be refitted to cca 40 different commodities. I am playing with original graphics.

Thanks a lot, hopefully somebody can help ^^ :oops:
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Vehicles sets for Extreme Industry mod

Post by Eddi »

first thing that would come to my mind (for trucks) is eGRVTS
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

If you want a dedicated non-refittable vehicle for every type of cargo, I don't think anything like that exists. In fact, the divide between the "Coal Truck" and the "Iron Ore Truck", or the "Wood Truck" and the "Steel Truck" is a bit artificial.

As for a road vehicle set that supports XIS, I recommend OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles. This minimalist set does literally reuse the default vehicle models.
ebla71
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ebla71 »

AdriKitty wrote: 17 Nov 2022 10:42 I was wondering whether there is a set of vehicles that look like the standard base game vehicle sets that I could use with the extreme / FIRS industry mods. Currently, this means that I need to refit every vehicle and while some trucks can carry only wood for instance, others (ore trucks or grain trucks) can be refitted
How early do you want to start - well before 1900?

For a very long-running XIS game that I play for about 2 years now I like to use Polroad which works very well with all cargos I have encountered so far but admittedly it does not look like the original vehicle set. Still, it is one of my favorites.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Mop Expanded RV is underrated, it's got a huge variety of vehicles but they're in OpenGFX art style. Includes 19th century steam trucks, trolleybuses/trucks, cargo trams and road trains.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I don't understand why she is so underrated :)
AdriKitty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AdriKitty »

Thank you very much, kind people! <3

In the end I decided to go with Mop Expanded RV, it is just what I needed :wink:

Return to “General OpenTTD”