Train not picking up passengers

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

armadaliu
Engineer
Engineer

Train not picking up passengers

Post by armadaliu »

Not sure if this has been asked, but I have tried to look it up on google, reddit, and this website, without luck.

Basically I'm trying to connect 3 train stations. A - B - C. I'm using Cargodist, passenger set as symmetric. From the destination menu, it looks like some of my passengers want to go to B as well as C. The problem is, at station A, the train simply refuses to pick up the passenger wanting to go to C. The train only picks up people wanting to go to B. The train has enough space, 3 empty cars!! What's wrong with picking up B people as well as C people if the train has empty seats? It's just 2 more stops, and it's not a lengthy journey either.

The train order looks like this:
1. Go to A (far end)
2. Go to B (far end)
3. Go to C (far end)

The station destination looks like this:
Station A (city)
25 passengers to B
369 passengers to C <<--- my train refuses to pick up these people, though it has enough space, it has 3 empty cars!!

Station B (small village)
22 passengers to A <--- not picked up!
10 passengers to C

Station C (small village)
4 passengers to A
20 passengers to B <--- not picked up!

Is this game mechanic limitation or did I miss something? Do I really need to set up A - B then B - C then A - C with 3 different trains?? Which is unrealistic? I've also tried Full load any cargo, full load all cargo, but still it doesn't pick up these people.
Chrill

Re: Train not picking up passengers

Post by Chrill »

Did you just add it? The paxdest will not know the trains go there immediately, they will realise it after they've completed a lap or so.

This type of traffic is definitely supported, passengers will board trains going to their destination even with stops in-between.

If you later add a connection between station B and D, E, F, they will go to B and switch trains too.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
armadaliu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by armadaliu »

:cry: Thank you so much for the quick reply. Actually I just restarted the game with new map, did some quick experiment with rail network. Go to A B C B, and it works again! That was so weird. I swear I did everything right first time. I didn't know what's wrong with my first map. Maybe there was a bug somehow. But it works again now! Thank you. :D
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Cargodist sometimes gets confused when trains go to depot and skip stations. this usually happens if you don't use "non-stop" orders and don't add specific "service at depot" orders
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
armadaliu wrote: 02 Nov 2022 16:18 The train order looks like this:
1. Go to A (far end)
2. Go to B (far end)
3. Go to C (far end)
Is there a fourth order to go from C to B as an intermediate stop on the way back to A?
armadaliu wrote: 02 Nov 2022 16:18 Station B (small village)
22 passengers to A <--- not picked up!
10 passengers to C
Sounds reasonable because the train is on its way to C.
armadaliu wrote: 02 Nov 2022 16:18 Station C (small village)
4 passengers to A
20 passengers to B <--- not picked up!
Sounds reasonable because there seems to be no intermediate stop on the way to A.

Tschö, Auge

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”