Japanese Stations Add-ons

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Vanox
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Japanese Stations Add-ons

Post by Vanox »

Hi DemianWSE. How work with set? When update?
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Vanox wrote: 17 Oct 2022 22:57 Hi DemianWSE. How work with set? When update?
Hi! It's sort of a good news/bad news situation. The good side is I was able to code most of the features I wanted for v1.0, and they seem to work fine, and I'm almost done with normal platforms. Bad news is work has been slow lately, sadly, so I have no idea when the next update will be. It takes a lot of time to adjust/make the graphics, code them and see they align and work properly, it's quite tedious work. Plus I'm rewriting the code (for the third time!) to include the new features and sometimes a silly mistake, like a missing ")" takes me hours to solve.

Hopefully in the summer (southern hemisphere) I have more time and can make a new release.

Here's a little look at the normal platforms I've done. I included platforms that have a single side end, inspired by Timberwolf's Stations. Fences place on the edges of the stations automatically, platform ends are self-orienting and vending machines have a little more variety.

Cheers!
Attachments
normalplats.png
(263.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
Vanox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vanox »

Hi! It's sort of a good news/bad news situation. The good side is I was able to code most of the features I wanted for v1.0, and they seem to work fine, and I'm almost done with normal platforms. Bad news is work has been slow lately, sadly, so I have no idea when the next update will be. It takes a lot of time to adjust/make the graphics, code them and see they align and work properly, it's quite tedious work. Plus I'm rewriting the code (for the third time!) to include the new features and sometimes a silly mistake, like a missing ")" takes me hours to solve.

Hopefully in the summer (southern hemisphere) I have more time and can make a new release.

Here's a little look at the normal platforms I've done. I included platforms that have a single side end, inspired by Timberwolf's Stations. Fences place on the edges of the stations automatically, platform ends are self-orienting and vending machines have a little more variety.

Cheers!
Wow, cool platforms!
You have discord or another messenger?
Last edited by Vanox on 18 Oct 2022 17:40, edited 2 times in total.
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Vanox wrote: 18 Oct 2022 17:22 Wow, cool platforms!
I am on discord, but I have to say I don't use it very much. The best way to reach me is probably through private message here on the forums.
DemianWSE
Vanox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vanox »

DemianWSE wrote: 21 Oct 2022 13:33
Vanox wrote: 18 Oct 2022 17:22 Wow, cool platforms!
I am on discord, but I have to say I don't use it very much. The best way to reach me is probably through private message here on the forums.
I can't send private message's here:(
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Vanox wrote: 21 Oct 2022 17:13 I can't send private message's here:(
Example739.png
Example739.png (5.01 KiB) Viewed 1675 times
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Vanox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vanox »

Quast65 wrote: 21 Oct 2022 19:40
Vanox wrote: 21 Oct 2022 17:13 I can't send private message's here:(
Example739.png
Where?
Attachments
20221022_021924.jpg
(380.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Vanox wrote: 21 Oct 2022 23:20 Where?
It's because you're a new user. Make a few more posts and the option should show up for you. It's hidden from new users as an anti-spam measure.
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

kamnet wrote: 22 Oct 2022 05:52 It's because you're a new user. Make a few more posts and the option should show up for you. It's hidden from new users as an anti-spam measure.
Thanks for the clarification :)
I just sent you a PM, maybe that can activate the option for you to send PMs as well
DemianWSE
Vanox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vanox »

kamnet wrote: 22 Oct 2022 05:52
It's because you're a new user. Make a few more posts and the option should show up for you. It's hidden from new users as an anti-spam measure.
Ah, ok
Vanox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vanox »

Hi, DemianWSE! How are you and how going developing set?
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Vanox wrote: 06 Dec 2022 07:24 Hi, DemianWSE! How are you and how going developing set?
Hi! I'm good, thanks for asking! I hope you are well too. On the develpment front, I'm afraid I don't have the news you want to hear, I've been very busy and haven't made any progress...

Cheers!
DemianWSE
Vanox
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vanox »

DemianWSE wrote: 06 Dec 2022 23:40
Vanox wrote: 06 Dec 2022 07:24 Hi, DemianWSE! How are you and how going developing set?
Hi! I'm good, thanks for asking! I hope you are well too. On the develpment front, I'm afraid I don't have the news you want to hear, I've been very busy and haven't made any progress...

Cheers!
Ok, thanks for answering! Set playable now or not? If yes can you give me beta(alpha) version, I want to try it:)
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Vanox wrote: 07 Dec 2022 06:51 Ok, thanks for answering! Set playable now or not? If yes can you give me beta(alpha) version, I want to try it:)
It's not really playable, the changes I'm making to the code and the graphics have broken all the stations tiles except for the few I have completed (around 14 normal platforms). I'll send a copy to you if you want, but I don't think you'll find much use for it.

Cheers!
DemianWSE

Return to “Graphics Development”