[OTTD] Malta 2048*2048

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

[OTTD] Malta 2048*2048

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

Long Time No See!

During the National Day of China holiday I started the construction of a United Kingdom scenario, since all UK scenarios online didn't satisfy me, either not detailed or buggy (imagine an Ikarus bus loading 100 tonnes of alcohol), and finally found it a big project, while I hadn't restarted my server for a month. So I marked it as WIP and made an "easy" scenario in one day. It is Malta.

It is a relatively big tropical map (2048*2048) and road layouts are "Improved", two biggest differences from the map of the same country made by STD.

Thanks to Tangram Heightmapper for generating the heightmap, and Lonely Planet Malta for marking towns.

The industries (using FIRS 3.0.12 In a hot country) were randomly placed so they might be different from the reality.

Although Malta doesn't have trains, 2cc trains of Southern Europe are introduced in the scenario. The first rail locomotive was designed in 1891 and hence the map started from 1895.

Additionally, different kinds of road vehicles, both universal (eGRVTS, HEQS) and European (Light Road Vehicle Set, SUV, Timberwolf, Polroad, PolTrams, and Ikarus), aircrafts including RAV8, VACE, WAS, watercrafts including Sailing Ships, SHARK, are introduced.

Also using ECS Houses and HotHut, OpenGFX+ (Airports, Trees, Landscape), Supermop's Unspooled, Ubify's Bridges, and some decorating graphics.

Notice that in Malta you should drive on the left.

This is an Alpha version, and therefore any suggestions for improvement are welcome. In case I don't see you in the forum...

Good compatibility, good playing experience, and long time no see again. (Well, The Truman Show)
Attachments
Malta Alpha.scn
The Malta scenario.
(355.82 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Heightmap of Malta, max height 32.png
Heightmap.
(318.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Map of Malta.png
The map of the scenario.
(44.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] Malta 2048*2048

Post by Captain Rand »

Malta did, at one time, have a metre gauge railway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_Railway
NewGRF anyone?? :D

Pete.
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”