News tab for each industry

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Frostypaws
Engineer
Engineer

News tab for each industry

Post by Frostypaws »

We have the news ticker at the bottom, and the message history, but if you’re not paying attention, updates relating to specific industries can easily get lost - especially when dealing with lots of industries. My suggestion is to implement a “news” tab for each specific industry - ie when you click on a forest, in the overview you get there, you have the option to display chain, then “news”

This would primarily be for production changes and I think recessions should fall under this title too - but could be used to highlight if stations which the industry falls under catchment for stations which have a “first vehicle” or “now accepts/no longer accepts” message attached to them.
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: News tab for each industry

Post by odisseus »

In my opinion, production changes are the most useless type of notification. They definitely don't deserve a separate tab in the interface. Moreover, when you click on the industry, you already see whether its production has changed and how much.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

It would make more sense to have a proper production-over-time graph for each industry.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

jfs wrote: 11 Oct 2022 14:37 It would make more sense to have a proper production-over-time graph for each industry.
I like this idea. :)
Production graph v1.1a.png
Production graph v1.1a.png (469.08 KiB) Viewed 544 times
There is also possible to include other additional interesting information in the window.
[+] Spoiler
Production graph v1.2b.png
Production graph v1.2b.png (485.87 KiB) Viewed 544 times
Perhaps the problem could be the amount of data the game would have to collect and the size of the save files...
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”