AI crashed with this Game Script

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

AI crashed with this Game Script

Post by mfans »

I am from Shanghai China and I am not good in English. I met a problem, when I use the Game Script 'Renewed Village Growth' , by the way, I dislike to game with any AI, So I choose no AI.
I use the GRF FIRS 1.4.4M or FIRS 4.4.0, after that .when I make up a new game, always that an AI crashed report appeared, how to solve it? Thanks
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: AI crashed with this Game Script

Post by odisseus »

It looks like you actually have an AI enabled. This AI may be incompatible with your other add-ons, or it may be just buggy. In order to disable the AI competitors altogether, you have to set the "maximum no, of competitors" to zero.
Attachments
disable-ai.png
disable-ai.png (25.93 KiB) Viewed 1259 times
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Thanks, but I have already set this competitors to zero, and it still doesn't work. May I have to have one competitor to star the game? :)
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

It might be that the game script crashed. Please send a screenshot of the crash report. Also what version of the game script are you using?
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

I made something,is this useful?
openttd1.png
openttd1.png (92.17 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

mfans wrote: 10 Sep 2022 09:29 I made something,is this useful?
Sorry, could not answer sooner. The game script caused the crash, you dont have AI enabled. Seems like it crashed when trying to load a game. Is it really a new game? What version of the game script are you using? Latest version is 8.2 (v82). OpenTTD 12.2 with Renewed Village Growth 8.2 and FIRS 4.4.0 works fine to me.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Hi, glad to hear from you.I use version 8.2 and FIRS 4.4.0,but it seems doesnot work, I can't start a new game. Should I set the Game Scripts's parameter?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Firrel wrote: 18 Sep 2022 16:57
mfans wrote: 10 Sep 2022 09:29 I made something,is this useful?
Sorry, could not answer sooner. The game script caused the crash, you dont have AI enabled. Seems like it crashed when trying to load a game. Is it really a new game? What version of the game script are you using? Latest version is 8.2 (v82). OpenTTD 12.2 with Renewed Village Growth 8.2 and FIRS 4.4.0 works fine to me.
If I look at the screenshot it suggests to me that there is another script and at least 1 AI running too. Or is that just the translated name in the tabs on the right side of the red tab?
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

Hyronymus wrote: 20 Sep 2022 09:42 If I look at the screenshot it suggests to me that there is another script and at least 1 AI running too. Or is that just the translated name in the tabs on the right side of the red tab?
I checked it and it looks exactly as with no AI and only RVG game script.

The problem is caused by the game script crashing when trying to load data from a save file. In a new game, the text "Loading data ..." should never happen, because that is only executed when loading a save file. Calling the loading data function is handled by OpenTTD itself, there is nothing I can fix about it in the GS code.

Maybe try to reinstall the OpenTTD and redownload the RVG game script, there might be some corruption of files.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Thank you for your Great Help, now it works and thank for your super job.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”