Add a way to clear a tile and buy it at the same time

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Donald Duck
Engineer
Engineer

Add a way to clear a tile and buy it at the same time

Post by Donald Duck »

Sometimes I want to build things in huge cities that are growing fast. So I clear the tile to build something on it, but the local authority builds a new building on the tile I just cleared within a second. This is very annoying since I don't always have the local authority rating to clear it again (and even when I do I might need to save my rating for clearing other tiles).

So it would be nice if there were a way to clear a terrain and buy it in just one click. For example CTRL+click on the buy terrain button could clear it before buying it.
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Add a way to clear a tile and buy it at the same time

Post by Captain Rand »

Try pausing the game while you do what you need to do.
(Assuming building while paused is in the vanilla game. I've played patchpacks exclusively for so long I can't remember.)

Pete.
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

I agree it's mighty annoying when the city builds a house on the tile you just cleared. But I always thought this is done intentionally to make it harder to buy land inside cities.
Donald Duck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Donald Duck »

odisseus wrote: 15 Apr 2022 16:30 But I always thought this is done intentionally to make it harder to buy land inside cities.
It's already harder to buy land in cities because destroying the types of buildings that are usually in the center of cities requires a higher local authority rating, and when you destroy them your local authority rating drops more.
JustMoreMemes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JustMoreMemes »

Change the setting for actions while paused to allow all actions, demolish the tile and buy it, then disable the option. It's not great but it works.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”