American Interurban Set

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ruiluth
Engineer
Engineer

American Interurban Set

Post by Ruiluth »

I've been using NARS 2.52, but I really missed the interurbans from NARS 2.03 because they could be refitted as freight motors. But they couldn't be autorefitted, so I decided to make my own. These are based on the Harriman cars from my Southern Pacific Set, and they represent the generic arched roof trolley pole cars that were common in the interurban age. I'll likely add more models in time, but these will do for now. I mainly made this for my own use, but here it is in case anyone else wants it. The only fancy feature so far is the multi-compartment combine, but I'll probably also add variable running costs at some point.

Vehicles available:
Passenger, freight, and combines in 50' and 60' lengths, all available as motors or trailers. 12 vehicles total. Shown here alongside XIS.

A short local arrives at the end of the line.

Enjoy!
Attachments
interurbans.grf
version 1.0.0
(36.74 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
kamnet

Re: American Interurban Set

Post by kamnet »

Ooooooh! Aaaahhhh!

If you ever decide to develop some more models, if you'd be interested in fitting them towards the scale of 2CC Trams, I'd love to get them included. :)
Ruiluth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruiluth »

kamnet wrote: 28 Jun 2022 10:23 If you ever decide to develop some more models, if you'd be interested in fitting them towards the scale of 2CC Trams, I'd love to get them included. :)
Definitely! I was actually thinking about making tram versions of these anyway. I'm not really sure how to downscale them though, and I'm not sure I'd want to... I'll take a look and see what it would take though!

Also, I got permission to use sprites from NARS 2.03, so I'll have more models in soon too :D
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

Looks great, but I noticed that the 60 unpowered coach has sparks.
Ruiluth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruiluth »

Version 1.1.0, now live on BaNaNaS!

Lots of new stuff here. Everything is overhauled. 50' cars are now wooden cars and have better graphics, 60' cars are now steel and are faster, and I've added a high speed coach which can do 90 mph. I've also added four little steeplecab electric locomotives, for serving industries along the line. Motors now have reduced running costs when following another motor, allowing them to be more competitive when MU'd into trains. Trolley poles now correctly contact catenary at the right height. Interurban cars can now only attach other interurban cars, but steeplecabs can haul anything.

Enjoy!
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

In the JGR patchpack, I don't see this set in the downloads menu at all.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Also not visible to OpenTTD 13. You may want to recheck your minimum game version setting in Bananas.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Well, I just realized that I can't even see the old version.
As I look through the list of possible cargos, damn, soon the developers should make a slider for the main window. I'm already having problems.
All you need are the planes from the military set and the Axis and the GUI have to be reduced, which is tiring for the eyes. One slider would fix it,
Ruiluth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruiluth »

Argus wrote: 06 Feb 2023 20:38 In the JGR patchpack, I don't see this set in the downloads menu at all.
Oops, thanks for pointing that out. I had the minimum JGRPP version set to 0.53.0 instead of 0.50.3. Does anyone know what's the minimum version for engine variants? They're my new favorite thing. I set it to 0.50.0, so hopefully that works
kamnet wrote: 06 Feb 2023 22:26 Also not visible to OpenTTD 13. You may want to recheck your minimum game version setting in Bananas.
Now that is strange, because I have the minimum version there set to 13.0.0... is that wrong?

EDIT: I'm seeing it on JGRPP 0.50.3 now.
Ruiluth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ruiluth »

kamnet wrote: 07 Feb 2023 02:29 It's probably 1.13.0
Looking at it again, I think that's right. I changed it. Thanks.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Ruiluth wrote: 07 Feb 2023 03:18
kamnet wrote: 07 Feb 2023 02:29 It's probably 1.13.0
Looking at it again, I think that's right. I changed it. Thanks.
Yep, its there now!
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

A great option for local trains and the subway :)
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

The combine car would be very nice for the SP set too, with a higher speed there. As it is, I use it for freight trains that serve industries near small towns where passenger and mail numbers are not that great, but for trains that travel otherwise empty both directions, they then generate at least some revenue on the return trip.
Without Trains America Stops

Return to “Graphics Releases”