trains loading 1 by 1

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ikhoi87
Engineer
Engineer

trains loading 1 by 1

Post by ikhoi87 »

Mine trains are loading cargo 1 train by 1 train when i have 4 or more waiting get loaded.

In older versions it is called load algorithm and you could changed it so all trains would load at the same time. You had in setting called "station" but that is gone now in newst versions
I have version 12.2 i have been searching for couple hours on wedsites and trying things myself in the game but nothing works.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: trains loading 1 by 1

Post by jfs »

The point is to make sure trains get released to drive one at a time, and get spaced out that way, instead of suddenly having 4 trains that all want to go at the same time.
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

The trains would actually be loading at the same time — if you have enough stockpiled cargo to fill more than one train.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

That's true.
Every loading tick on a station, vehicles go in order of arrival to reserve cargo for loading. Every vehicle will reserve as much cargo as it can before the next vehicle gets to reserve any.

So for example, consider a situation where you have 3 trains at a station, each train has a capacity of 240 cargo, and can load 40 cargo at a time. All are empty.
Another vehicle arrives, delivers 300 raw material to the industry at the station, and the industry produces 300 cargo from that, in a single tick.
The first of the trains that arrived will reserve 240 of the cargo now at the station for loading. The second train reserves the remaining 60 cargo for loading. The third train doesn't get to reserve anything.
The first and second train both load 40 cargo in their first loading tick after the production event, leaving 220 cargo waiting on the station, still all reserved for loading.
Five loading ticks later, the first train has finished loading all its reserved cargo, and departs.

Now say a trickle of production comes in, 20 at a time. The second train will reserve all the 20 cargo every time it arrives at the station, until it's full. It will appear to load the first half of the cars to full, then the second half of the cars. The remaining third train still doesn't get a chance to reserve any cargo, until the second has filled or reserved to its fill.
ikhoi87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ikhoi87 »

there is 7k goods on the station waiting so that is not issue
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

afair, the loading algorithm setting was removed from the settings GUI, but should still be able to set from the console/config file. this was done as cleanup of settings that nobody should ever set.

finding the setting name is left as an easy exercise for the reader.
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

Sometimes this method of simultaneous loading can be the most desirable. For example, when you want to distribute supplies for mines equally, and each vehicle is driving a separate route. Yes, this is very niche, make sense only when setting the method is an option for every station and there are other effective methods but theoretically it can be useful.

In my opinion, however, there is a problem with loading, when the production is really very large (30,000+). Even when there are 100 vehicles at the station, all production is not loaded and some is lost. I'm not sure, but I guess only 7 vehicles can be loaded at the same time.
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”