Question regarding some of the retail Transport Tycoon boxes

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
stevendeblat
Engineer
Engineer

Question regarding some of the retail Transport Tycoon boxes

Post by stevendeblat »

Hi all. New here to the forums. Not sure why I haven't signed up earlier. I'm a huge Chris Sawyer fan, a die hard RCT fan, and a huge TT fan!

I recently acquired a box that I am not too familiar with and am hoping someone here can share some insight. The box did not come with any contents unfortunately, which leaves me on my own to find out some info. The box is labeled "Transport Tycoon Scenario" which I originally thought was the US release of the World Editor, but I'm not quite sure. It seems that it is not just the world editor, but also contains the original game. Here are some photos of the box (as well as my original TT collection because why not :D )
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Question regarding some of the retail Transport Tycoon boxes

Post by Taschi »

That's "Transport Tycoon Scenario", an updated re-release including a scenario editor, which as far as I can tell released shortly before Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
stevendeblat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by stevendeblat »

Taschi wrote: 20 Sep 2021 21:00 That's "Transport Tycoon Scenario", an updated re-release including a scenario editor, which as far as I can tell released shortly before Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Ah I see, so is there a difference between the "World Editor" and the "Scenario Editor"? Also, do you know if the US got a World Editor only release, or is that just the UK/EU?

Appreciate the response
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

I think "World Editor" and "Scenario Editor" are two names for the same thing. It looks like your box does advertise the "Mars" graphics, which just reinforces that.
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Roman »

Nice find! Would you do us/me a favor and post the disk contents here? I'm curious to see if the game version is identical to the known one: 1.07.023

There's a short review in NEXT Generation, June '95 issue #6:
NEXT_Generation_June1995.jpg
(143.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Roman
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Roman »

Just to clarify, contrarily to what Taschi wrote, the "Scenario" edition is nothing but a north American localization of the "World Editor". It does NOT include the original game (TTO). MicroProse must have thought that "Scenario" is a better name for the US/Canadian market than "World Editor".

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”