What video games have you played lately?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

moosiakdefrogosas
Engineer
Engineer

Re: What video games have you played lately?

Post by moosiakdefrogosas »

csgo)
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

per aspera (2021)
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Transport Fever 2, looking forward for the next update;
American Truck Simulator, still waiting for Texas;

And, last but not least, OpenTTD.
Actually enjoying playing with FIRS4 and Iron Horse, first time that FIRS works succesful for me.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Lately i've been getting into Cities Skylines again. Really is what SimCity could have been, if they hadn't taken the wrong route with the 2013 release of 'SimCity' (creative naming I know), which appears to have killed the entire franchise.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I have been playing lots of Songs of Syx, it's great!
Last known as: Weirdy
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote: 30 Mar 2022 11:05 Lately i've been getting into Cities Skylines again. Really is what SimCity could have been, if they hadn't taken the wrong route with the 2013 release of 'SimCity' (creative naming I know), which appears to have killed the entire franchise.
I've essentially stopped playing, thanks mainly to two dollar twenty who's a great YouTuber of Cities Skylines material which makes my cities pale in comparison. Do check out his series Oceania and Mile Bay, (and Marble Mountain for his biggest but now completed series) on YouTube. You'll have literal weeks worth of recordings. I've been a Patron of his for a while now.

Here's an ongoing development of his from his most recent series Oceania, inspired by Australia and New Zealand. I mean, I can't achieve anything remotely like this!
Attachments
Namnlös.png
(4.07 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
DrWho42
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DrWho42 »

The Sims 3 (2009)
HoQuocDu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HoQuocDu »

I play some old Asphalt games, I'm a big fan of automotive stuff and also transportation too!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Planet Crafter!

Super cool early release game on Steam. Basically you're dumped on a desert island and tasked with terraforming it and make it habitable. Subnautica without the monsters? Sure. I like it, it's neat. Currently I'm at the stage where moss is starting to grow, and there are lakes and blue sky and all!
My Scenarios:
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

The cutest game of the year, so they say:

Stray.

I love cats, this is a game about one of them, in it's adventure.
I'm going to play it tonight for the first time.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I finished Stray the other day. It's a beautiful little post-apocalyptic sci-fi cat adventure. I highly recommend it.
My Scenarios:
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Chrill wrote: 27 Apr 2022 07:46 Planet Crafter!

Super cool early release game on Steam. Basically you're dumped on a desert island and tasked with terraforming it and make it habitable. Subnautica without the monsters? Sure. I like it, it's neat. Currently I'm at the stage where moss is starting to grow, and there are lakes and blue sky and all!
The story goes more like:
You are a sentenced prisoner and given a chance to be freed if and when you make this planet (not island) habitable ... not that you have much choice in the matter and thus, yes, dumped there.

But yeah not a bad game, especially for the fact it is being made by only two peeps for now.

Sidenote to all who may be thinking about getting this ...
The game is very early access and whenever you reach the stage where new stuffs is not yet implemented your progress goes very slowly. The game does not end when you do get there;it's just very slow progress .. for now. A new update is about to drop any day now ... "Insects and waterfalls".
That being said ... the prologue is free to play and serves as a demo, which I did not finish before I went 'Take my money !!!'.

[+] Spoiler
What year was this? Is that you that I found and who left all those messages?

Edit:
Lately I have been indulging in rocket league a bit, when not playing Factorio some more(*), ... not half bad

(*) Finally launched a legit rocket for the first time ... but to launch a rocket/minute my base needs some serious upgrading to feed them 6 silos properly while consuming the science packs too at that rate ... hmm :roll:
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

From the cutest game 'Stray', to the most vicious one about a terror shark, 'Maneater'.
Going to try that also.

Thanks to problems with my foot I stayed at home, not smoking weed from the nearest city, I had enough money to buy these games.
Not bad at all.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I've been playing a fair bit of Sea of Thieves again, and have taken to streaming it as well now and then.

Also just started playing Stray yesterday which is so absolutely adorable! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Sapiens!

It's a one-man studio, or so I think. Typical "tribal civilization building" game. The game generates a MASSIVE world, and your job is basically just to survive. Released on Steam a couple of days ago, definitely worth the buy if this is your type of game.
My Scenarios:
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Don't play rocket league if you have to pee a lot ... I mean old age or just plain old Drunk ... you will get kicked for it and no time to pull out ye olde weezer at alll

... meanwhile ... next round ... @chillcore_ ... Imma kick your ... hmmm ... hiney
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Downloaded ARMA 3 again only to find that after playing STALKER Anomaly with mods and making it as difficult as I can tolerate, now ARMA 3 feels like a walk in the park compared to when I first started playing it years ago and struggling to even stay alive let alone shoot something.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Heresy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Heresy »

Been playing Terraria on and off again lately, but now awaiting their next update before I load it up with some mods and go again :)
TurboTTC
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TurboTTC »

Hello everybody,

I am currently downloading OpenTT and I never played TT as far as I remember. I love Sim City and just started with City Skylines. I used to play Railroad Tycoon. But I get bored so fast now - it's not the same. So over weird old YouTube videos I found you here and TT and want to give it a shot.

I lately played City Skylines with the extensions "After Dark", because I love the visuals of the night, "Industries" because it adds more realism to a city and "Parklife" because mother always said: "get more greens!".

So let's check TT out. See you around 8)
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

TurboTTC wrote: 19 Aug 2022 12:28 Hello everybody,

I am currently downloading OpenTT and I never played TT as far as I remember. I love Sim City and just started with City Skylines. I used to play Railroad Tycoon. But I get bored so fast now - it's not the same. So over weird old YouTube videos I found you here and TT and want to give it a shot.

I lately played City Skylines with the extensions "After Dark", because I love the visuals of the night, "Industries" because it adds more realism to a city and "Parklife" because mother always said: "get more greens!".

So let's check TT out. See you around 8)
Welcome Turbo!

I've played Transport Tycoon since the days of MS-Dos and Windows 95. With all the added features and possibilities of OpenTTD, I can guarantee you'll enjoy it :mrgreen:
I still play it now, ever after nearly 3 decades :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”