The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Zakos
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Zakos »

Redirect Left wrote: 30 Jul 2022 01:10 A few days ago was my birthday, and it made me realise. I am now approaching mid-30s, and i have no motivation to really do anything at all. I am just slowly getting larger in front of my computer.

It terrifies me, yet doesn't give me motivation :(
Get a lifting buddy, that worked for me
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Redirect Left wrote: 30 Jul 2022 01:10 A few days ago was my birthday, and it made me realise. I am now approaching mid-30s, and i have no motivation to really do anything at all. I am just slowly getting larger in front of my computer.

It terrifies me, yet doesn't give me motivation :(
this probably isn't gonna be news to you, but motivation doesn't happen by itself, and the best motivator for doing a thing is doing the thing

reading this probably isn't gonna motivate you either, but it bears repeating

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I've pretty much got to the age where, i ain't done what i wanted to do in life. Nevermind, anyway put those ideas in the bin and just move on without any expectations or hope!

Certainly can't afford to do anything for a while :lol:
Worst Behaved IRC Member of 2008, 2009 & 2010 - Go Me!
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Redirect Left wrote: 07 Aug 2022 16:31 I've pretty much got to the age where, i ain't done what i wanted to do in life. Nevermind, anyway put those ideas in the bin and just move on without any expectations or hope!

Certainly can't afford to do anything for a while :lol:
Obvious response is; there's never a better time to do what you want to do.

Money obviously makes that tricky... Don't let your dreams die yet, there's still time.
Last known as: Weirdy
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

SkeedR wrote: 08 Aug 2022 16:27 Money obviously makes that tricky... Don't let your dreams die yet, there's still time.
Unfortunately most of my great ideas require far more money than a disabled person is ever going to earn, not just a year, but in a lifetime. It also makes me not prime candidate for loans due to the benefits aspect, banks tend to balk at that for obvious reason!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Spent Sun-Tue in Blackpool. Illimunations are a bit naff this time around I thought, trams are still tramming so that's nice. Including the special Illuminated ones!

However, I must thank Blackpool. It has given me my first real hangover, they do not feel how i expected, they're so so so much worse! 0/10, would not recommend, I think i drank my usual yearly intake of alcohol in the space of 6-7 hours >.< First time I've woken up in a bathtub too, it was like a pound-shop recreation of the Hangover films! :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”