No Electric vehilces

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Martyn83r
Engineer
Engineer

No Electric vehilces

Post by Martyn83r »

Hi Everyone

I was a TTD player for quite a long time, now picked up this OpenTTD game and started all over.

I run into one strange thing: When the game begins in the 1950's, all works fine, but when you get to about the late 1970's / 1980, I was used to get the option for Eletric locomotives.
There was a blue popup, asking me, if I wanted to try a new electric train, I agreed, but now years later, I still don't see it.

What is going wrong here ? Do i need to modify some settings ?

any help is appreciated, thanks!
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: No Electric vehilces

Post by PikkaBird »

In OpenTTD, electric trains now run on electrified track, with visible overhead wires. Hold the rail construction button and select to build electrified rail, the same way you'd switch to monorail or maglev in TTD.

You can use the convert rail button - the last button in the construction window - to quickly electrify an existing route. Once a depot is converted (or a new electric depot built), you should be able to build the electric trains there.

https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Manual/Base ... 20railways
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Make sure you are playing in the Temperate climate, as other climates don't have electric trains.

The blue popup gives you an option to try out an experimental engine ahead of its official introduction. This might never happen if your company's performance isn't good enough, but eventually the engine will become available anyway. When this happens, you will be able to build electrified railroads and buy electric engines.
Attachments
elrl-fs8.png
elrl-fs8.png (17.46 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Martyn83r
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Martyn83r »

Ah now I got it ! Thanks !

I also had to replace my depots in order to get all the details of the line electrified and available, so now I can play with electric trains, thanks a lot !

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”