More Trains Buses etc

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sparkie001uk
Engineer
Engineer

More Trains Buses etc

Post by sparkie001uk »

Just downloaded 12.2 version , had played this some time ago but thought have another go
i enjoy the game but when you play scenerio you are very restricted on the amount of tyoes of trains and buses
there used to be more but seems this no longer the case
I,m playing the East Anglia V 1.5.3 and about to have a go with Great Britain
How can i get more trains other then a looks like a 125 and a diesel sprinter
also one type of station
any help advice be most welcome
thanks
mark
kamnet

Re: More Trains Buses etc

Post by kamnet »

East Anglia is an old scenario that was created back in the days when users were largely expected to provide the NewGRFs that they wanted to use. This was changed because of the fact that changing NewGRFs in the middle of a running game would introduce crashes and other bugs, destablizing the game.

The scenario does not come with any train NewGRFs, which means that it will use the game's default trains. In case you may have forgotten, when you click and hold down on the "Build Railroad Track" icon it will present you with the option to select unelectrified, electrified, monorail or maglev vehicles. If you wish for there to be other types of trains, then you will need to modify the scenario file to include them (which may or may not destabilize the game, but generally should be OK). In doing so you'll likely disable the default trains, but these can be added back by also downloading the OpenGFX+ Trains set.

The scenario does include the Bob's British Buses and Bob's Random British Vehicles NewGRFs. This disables the default game road vehicles. If you wanted those back as well, modify the scenario to include what you want.

I loaded up the scenario just to see what is there, and I discovered a significant flaw, the ECS Vectors industry sets require them to be loaded in a specific order, and this was not adhered to by the author and thus breaks several of the chains. I think I am going to fix this and release it. If there's any particular NewGRFs you'd like included, please let me know.
sparkie001uk
Engineer
Engineer

Re: More Trains Buses etc

Post by sparkie001uk »

kamnet wrote: 16 Jul 2022 07:52 East Anglia is an old scenario that was created back in the days when users were largely expected to provide the NewGRFs that they wanted to use. This was changed because of the fact that changing NewGRFs in the middle of a running game would introduce crashes and other bugs, destablizing the game.

The scenario does not come with any train NewGRFs, which means that it will use the game's default trains. In case you may have forgotten, when you click and hold down on the "Build Railroad Track" icon it will present you with the option to select unelectrified, electrified, monorail or maglev vehicles. If you wish for there to be other types of trains, then you will need to modify the scenario file to include them (which may or may not destabilize the game, but generally should be OK). In doing so you'll likely disable the default trains, but these can be added back by also downloading the OpenGFX+ Trains set.

The scenario does include the Bob's British Buses and Bob's Random British Vehicles NewGRFs. This disables the default game road vehicles. If you wanted those back as well, modify the scenario to include what you want.

I loaded up the scenario just to see what is there, and I discovered a significant flaw, the ECS Vectors industry sets require them to be loaded in a specific order, and this was not adhered to by the author and thus breaks several of the chains. I think I am going to fix this and release it. If there's any particular NewGRFs you'd like included, please let me know.
Many thanks for the reply
umm i wpould love to have more trains and stations mostly the default ones just dont do it for me afraid
not sure on how to modify the scenario will have a look
love the game least it more real then height maps which seem to have some odd names to towns etc
mark

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”