Allow "stretching" of pixels

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

michalc
Engineer
Engineer

Allow "stretching" of pixels

Post by michalc »

I would like to play at 800x600, but "stretched". I can briefly do this - I set it in Game Options, and then I click and drag the window bigger. It gets to my perfect size, but then when I release the mouse, the window stays the same size, but in it everything "snaps" back and becomes smaller.

Is there a way to prevent it from snapping back and becoming smaller?

(I have tinkered with the interface size, font size, and resolution, but nothing seems quite as clear to me as just 800x600 but stretched to be a bit bigger somehow!)

I'm on macOS Monterey on an Apple M1 if it's relavent
kamnet

Re: Allow "stretching" of pixels

Post by kamnet »

In the settings, change it from 800x600 to Custom. Then resize the window to whatever size you want, and it should stick.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Or do you mean that you want the game to be rendered at 800x600 but want the display to be stretched by (for example 1.5x) up to 1200x900, or similar?
(Personally I wouldn't want that. Stretching pixel-art games at non-whole factors doesn't look great.)
michalc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by michalc »

kamnet wrote: 28 Jun 2022 10:09 In the settings, change it from 800x600 to Custom. Then resize the window to whatever size you want, and it should stick.
Ah there isn't a Custom for me, although there is an "Other" that seems to always be selected. No matter which I choose, then resizing doesn't seem to make it stick
michalc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by michalc »

jfs wrote: 28 Jun 2022 11:20 Or do you mean that you want the game to be rendered at 800x600 but want the display to be stretched by (for example 1.5x) up to 1200x900, or similar?
(Personally I wouldn't want that. Stretching pixel-art games at non-whole factors doesn't look great.)
Ah this is exactly what I want. It doesn't seem too bad to me when I do it "temporarily" (and I wonder if stretching by whole factors would be ok and would fit on my screen...)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”