My devices are too slow to render the game

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rovstam
Engineer
Engineer

My devices are too slow to render the game

Post by Rovstam »

Is there a way to improve and optimize the game so that it runs smoother in a low end laptop-android phone?
I can not buy a new one so if you can donate me or give me a free laptop to play OpenTTD without lag im open to receive any donations :oops: . (not a joke)
Rovstam
Engineer
Engineer

Re: My devices are too slow to render the game

Post by Rovstam »

the moments it lags are specially in Multiplayer: any game that has more than 2 companies just freezes the game and then kicks me out because there is too much to render and my engine cant keep with it, i have nothing to do with slow internet, its my DEVICE not my internet what cuases me the LAG.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Try to play on small maps. Going from 256x256 (the default size) to 512x512 makes the game require four times as much processing power, and 1024x1024 requires sixteen times as much processing power as 256x256.

When Transport Tycoon was a new game in 1994/1995, it only ran 256x256 maps, and those were fine on the computers at the time. (A cheap smartphone from 2012 is faster than a top-of-the-line desktop PC from 1995.)
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

in the ? menu there is an FPS meter, there you can see which part of the game makes it slow.

also, counterintuitively, the slowest computer should be the host of the game in multiplayer.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”