[GS] Renewed Village Growth 9.3 (RVG)

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

How would you rate this game script?

5★ Lev4 'Chimaera'
90%
4★ "AsiaStar"
7%
3★ Floss "47"
3%
2★ Ploddyphut Choo-Choo
No votes
1★ Kirby Paul Tank
No votes

Total votes: 29

Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed Village Growth 8.0 (RVG)

Post by Firrel »

New update for Renewed Village Growth 8.1 is available in BaNaNaS
- new: ITI v2 support (2TallTyler)
- fix: ECS industries discovery causing procedural cargo generation to fail (2TallTyler)
- fix: Industry ascending randomization loading
MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed Village Growth 8.1 (RVG)

Post by MasterMeNL »

Hi,

Would it be possible to increase the upper limit on the difficulty setting? I play with JGR's patch pack with day length, meaning I have a compensate with increased passenger, cargo generation etc to keep the same gameplay with only slower time progression.

So for example with day length 16 times slower than normal, other values (game/script/GRF settings) that don't automatically scale have to be to set 16 times the normal value to compensate. However the upper limit on RVG's difficulty appears to be 1000 at the moment.

Thanks!
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

MasterMeNL wrote: 25 Jun 2022 18:08 Hi,

Would it be possible to increase the upper limit on the difficulty setting? I play with JGR's patch pack with day length, meaning I have a compensate with increased passenger, cargo generation etc to keep the same gameplay with only slower time progression.

So for example with day length 16 times slower than normal, other values (game/script/GRF settings) that don't automatically scale have to be to set 16 times the normal value to compensate. However the upper limit on RVG's difficulty appears to be 1000 at the moment.

Thanks!
Hey MasterMeNL,

Yes, the limits of the difficulty setting can be increased. Will be included in the next minor release, which is mostly ready, just needs a bit more testing. The changes can be seen here, so if you have some comments/suggestions, feel free to post them in the PR.
MasterMeNL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MasterMeNL »

Thanks for the quick update, looking forward to release!
pankratz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pankratz »

I play a game with vanilla-industries. The script want that I deliver raw materials to the citys, but the stations won't accept it. Am I missing something?
Skarfester
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Skarfester »

You have to deliver cargo to an industry belonging to that city, like a power plant or a factory.
pankratz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pankratz »

There is no industry, which needs raw food in the city at the moment. So do I have to fund one?
Skarfester
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Skarfester »

Check which cargoes belong to the "raw food" cathegory, so you'll know exactly what you need. And yes, if there's no industry accepting any of those in the city then you'll have to fund one.
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed Village Growth 8.2 (RVG)

Post by Firrel »

New update for Renewed Village Growth 8.2 is available in BaNaNaS
- new: Galician translation (pvillaverde)
- new: Real Industries Beta predefined cargo categories
- change: Adjusted limits of some GS settings to allow adjustments based on daylength
- fix: Handle commands that require specific command pause level (industry funding during initialization on a dedicated server)
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gravelpit »

Does randomization occur only once at the beginning of the game, or can it be modified during the game
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

gravelpit wrote: 18 Sep 2022 16:32 Does randomization occur only once at the beginning of the game, or can it be modified during the game
It happens only once during initialization and selected cargo types per category are saved for that game. It would be possible to add a button to the story page to rerandomize selected town. Is that what you wanted or not? Do you have an argument to support implementing this feature?
gravelpit
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by gravelpit »

Firrel wrote: 18 Sep 2022 16:46
gravelpit wrote: 18 Sep 2022 16:32 Does randomization occur only once at the beginning of the game, or can it be modified during the game
It happens only once during initialization and selected cargo types per category are saved for that game. It would be possible to add a button to the story page to rerandomize selected town. Is that what you wanted or not? Do you have an argument to support implementing this feature?
I ask because when I played a while and added two three additional companies to the game and then bought them, I noticed that the industries in each city had changed completely and thought maybe I had changed something.
onodera
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by onodera »

I'm watching an LP with Renewed Village Growth, and it turns out if you build a station and then fund a town next to it, the station serves the houses that belong to the town, but RVG doesn't notice that, because the station was implicitly linked to some other nearby town when it was built. Is it possible for RVG to reassign the stations to the correct town, say, once a year?
It's a nodding donkey in my avatar, not me! I'm an oil rig.
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

onodera wrote: 14 Oct 2022 16:34 I'm watching an LP with Renewed Village Growth, and it turns out if you build a station and then fund a town next to it, the station serves the houses that belong to the town, but RVG doesn't notice that, because the station was implicitly linked to some other nearby town when it was built. Is it possible for RVG to reassign the stations to the correct town, say, once a year?
Thanks for pointing it out. I saw a bit of LP gameplay and the idea looks interesting. However I dont know if it can be solved in any other way then recreating the stations. Will check it, however I am busy these days, so it wont be soon.
COLT
Engineer
Engineer

Post by COLT »

Script not working properly wit xis 0.6.2. Not showing categories products and mixing products in city view ex. cat I passengers and cat V passengers too.
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

COLT wrote: 11 Nov 2022 09:30 Script not working properly wit xis 0.6.2. Not showing categories products and mixing products in city view ex. cat I passengers and cat V passengers too.
Maybe you have selected Industry randomization type, which creates categories based on industries and it can produce duplicate cargo types in categories. If you dont like it, try different randomization type.
BramBora
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BramBora »

So, I have a question.

I have a issue where I dont know how to get 2+ cargo categories to the town I want to grow. More specifically I can get them there, but the town doesnt count it.
I think that is becouse the station doesnt have the cargo type as one of its accepted cargos - its basicly a transfer station where one train puts its coal, and another then loads it and leaves. Both the source and final destination of the coal is too far from town for it to be recognised I think. The station is under its(the towns) Local Autority so that should count.
How can I solve this? Is there a way to force-set the station to accept a cargo type?
Or am I missing something?

Thanks

PS: Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere, I tried using the search function but didnt find it
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

BramBora wrote: 19 Nov 2022 15:19 I have a issue where I dont know how to get 2+ cargo categories to the town I want to grow. More specifically I can get them there, but the town doesnt count it.
I think that is becouse the station doesnt have the cargo type as one of its accepted cargos - its basicly a transfer station where one train puts its coal, and another then loads it and leaves. Both the source and final destination of the coal is too far from town for it to be recognised I think. The station is under its(the towns) Local Autority so that should count.
How can I solve this? Is there a way to force-set the station to accept a cargo type?
The cargo has to be delivered to a station next to an industry near the town which accepts that cargo type. If there is no industry that accepts that cargo type, you need to fund the industry there. It adds a goal to earn enough money to be able to fund the industries as needed.
Zyan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zyan »

Hello iam using that Script and it is rly Nice,

I have 2 Questions i have a Problem that the Cargos always switch the Categories after i load my Savegame. (Screenshot) Category 2 got only 3 Cargos Category 3 got 7 in that case.

Is it Possible to change the Cargo Categorys? If Possible for a single City? Iam using xis extreme industrie and itz hard to find citys with the right needs since there so many cargos.

Thx in Advance
Attachments
city.png
city.png (60.21 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
Last edited by Zyan on 15 Dec 2022 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
Valmont
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Valmont »

Ciao Firrel

First of all thanks for your work and support, I really love RVG.

I've got an issue: I placed a passengers rail station between 2 cities (Cesena and sestriere) very close together. Then I expanded it's coverage with CHIPS station elements, so with one station I should serve both cities! There are passengers and mail truck that transfer the loads to the main rail station (Cesena - Sestriere). Both cities should start growing but they'arent.
Strange thing is that in the city screen (of both cities) don't tell me anything about the cargo i'm not transferring enough out of town, it seems that i'm not transferring anything.
I'm playing on android.
Any help? Thanks in advance!
In attachment the images..
Attachments
Screenshot_20230205_000808_OpenTTD.jpg
Wide view
(1.9 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_20230205_001100_OpenTTD.jpg
Cities screen
(1.42 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_20230205_001130_OpenTTD.jpg
Station rating