Using toyland vehicles in all climates

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Skarfester
Engineer
Engineer

Using toyland vehicles in all climates

Post by Skarfester »

Hello everybody!

I'm posting here because it seems it won't fit at the development forums.
Thanks to yagl software I started editing some NewGRF and learning how the code works. What I wanted to do is to edit toyland vehicles parameters and add them to the other climates for more variety. I managed to do that, but then I realized that in temperate (plus artic & tropical) the sprites change to the default vehicles, not showing the original sprites of toyland. Do you have any idea of why is that happening? I'll post a couple of screens, one from a toyland game and one from a temperate one.
The buses modified code have only two lines: one for climate availability and one for starting year.

Thank you very much!
Attachments
Temperate.png
Temperate.png (42.92 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Toyland.png
Toyland.png (40.32 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Skarfester
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Using toyland vehicles in all climates

Post by Skarfester »

Looking at the source code I found that toyland road vehicles sprites are on a separate png file. So probably when playing on temperate, artic or tropical only the base sprites file is used.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Skarfester wrote: 09 Jun 2022 17:50 Looking at the source code I found that toyland road vehicles sprites are on a separate png file. So probably when playing on temperate, artic or tropical only the base sprites file is used.
Try downloading the source code for OpenGFX+ Trains and OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles.
Skarfester
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Skarfester »

Thanks for the suggestion. OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles uses it's own sprite file, 8bpp only.
Anyway, now that I switched to GRVTS32 I was able to reuse the base RV set to fill the gap between 1900-1930, which was my original intention.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”