[OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML - Current version: 3.0

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML - Current version: 3.0

Post by kamnet »

Martinsen wrote: 02 Jan 2021 14:54 Is it possible to run this and still keep all the default game wagons in game along WITH!!!!!½ the new ones?
You will need to also run OpenGFX+Trains, and simply disable the engines, leaving you only the wagons.
Martinsen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Martinsen »

Ok will try that thanks man.

hmm dunno why it change the word "WITH!!!!!" to capital letters and adds !!! on it

WITH!!!!!
Fedello
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fedello »

Hey there! I've translated the NewGRF into galician. I put it in atachments, if you prefer anywhere else let me know!
Attachments
galician.lng
(60.14 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Thrillville109
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Thrillville109 »

Though this is a minor complaint, only coming from someone who selectively uses sets, I believe that Locomotives shouldn't be locked out based on the what company is using the locomotive, but rather which regions are using which locomotives. The biggest example for me is having to turn on the Asia set to buy the North American EMD SD70, because it's being operated by Saudi Railways. I feel like having a more generic SD70 that can be used in all those regions would make the game a little bit more fun, especially in the late game where the North America set doesn't have many good freight locomotives.

Again, this is just a minor complaint, And most people won't have that problem, because most people use all of the sets. But I want to play a North America game with a North American set of locomotives, and I honestly prefer how clean this mod is compared to NARS.
I'd be making Locomotion Expanded if I didn't despise using WALLY.
Elukka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Elukka »

Would it be possible to add separate parameters for locomotive and wagon running costs?

In my mind it's much better for gameplay if locomotive running costs dominate over wagon running costs, since then you can't just use the biggest baddest locomotive for every little line, and you end up using various ones for different purposes. If wagon running costs dominate, as it is now, you're better off using the best locomotive for everything since it doesn't really make much any difference.

e: In the meantime, I ended up finding out how to compile grfs and made a personal version where I just removed wagon running costs. Didn't go as far as figuring out how to add parameters though.

Return to “Graphics Releases”