Is there somewhere I can see at what time/date past patches have been?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Myst Leissa
Engineer
Engineer

Is there somewhere I can see at what time/date past patches have been?

Post by Myst Leissa »

Some background Information: I'm coming from Steam as a new user to these forums and the game (within a week of the current date was when I first downloaded the game), and information on the Steam announcements is limited back up until release on steam. My Purpose in determining past dates of patches is simple: I want to know what kind of past behavior is generally followed with regards to updates, realizing openTTD 13 is delayed and may be something of an exception, I am on a bit of a personal fact finding mission. I'll go ahead and be honest, this is more for my long term reference than just OpenTTD 13. I've had games that update anywhere from every week to every 12 - 18 months in the past on schedule, not including delays, and I'm just wondering what openTTD behavior in that regard is like.

Now for the meat of the post: I'm wondering if there's a place I can check what patches and preferably a reference of their patch notes at the time of release past updates have occured at. I know this is an open-source and unpaid labor game, and I'm not trying to rush anyone, this is mostly for my personal reference so I know how long between patches (and therefore how long my interest will wane in the game between "downtimes", when things are slow). I fully enjoy the game "as-is" for the moment, but it just seems like it's got a lot of untapped potential. I've already downloaded several NewGRFs and things to help round out the content, and I'm really enjoying the older years provided by those NewGRFs, but things like NewGRF authors not being able to override the default "Truck arrives in XYZ" or "Bus arrives in XYZ" on the news ticker is just a hair immersion breaking and that's just one example of where I think things could be improved.

Best Wishes, and Kind Regards,

Myst Leissa
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Is there somewhere I can see at what time/date past patches have been?

Post by Eddi »

you can try the OpenTTD website and its news archive

Historically speaking, most "major" releases have been on april 1st each year, with "minor" releases sprinkled in at irregular intervals.

Return to “General OpenTTD”