Emperor Jake's GRF Empire

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Emperor Jake's GRF Empire

Post by Emperor Jake »

The Japanese Secret Engines project is now called JP+ Engines & Wagons, to highlight the fact that it is a companion set to JP+ MUs

Featuring a greater variety than ever, the project can now be found on GitHub: https://github.com/EmperorJake/JPengines
There isn't an official release yet, but you can download it on there and check out the latest additions :) (Just be aware that it's in development and things will change severely and without warranty)

Please note this name change has been a long time coming and is not a response to the previous post regarding the filename I used. I apologise if I caused offense to anyone.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

SHARK ate SQUID ate FISH

SHARK is another FISH fork, featuring a much larger selection of ships.

More details at the development thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=89338

Source code at Github: https://github.com/EmperorJake/SHARK
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

"We're going to need a bigger... oh, wait, nevermind."
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

What about merging Sailing ships and Squid-like derivatives? And of course adapt Sailing Ships parameters to make autoreplacing less troublesome (Sailing Ships have different functionalities than Squid/fish ships: no autorefit, more general cargo refit etc).
nessant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nessant »

hi jake did you ever do cargo for the vactrain?
and larger passanger carrying carts?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

nessant wrote: 12 May 2022 13:16 hi jake did you ever do cargo for the vactrain?
and larger passanger carrying carts?
I haven't worked on Vactrains in years but surely the current version has everything you want? A universal cargo wagon and high capacity passenger trains with 100+ per wagon :wink:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Not technically a GRF, but here's a base music pack I made. I composed the songs when I was messing around with a MIDI editor when I was 7, so they don't sound very good. But here it is anyway, since I wasted time on it :lol:
Attachments
jakes_songs_v1.zip
(21.41 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Master Trams
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Master Trams »

Emperor Jake wrote: 17 Jul 2021 15:04 The Japanese Secret Engines project is now called JP+ Engines & Wagons, to highlight the fact that it is a companion set to JP+ MUs

Featuring a greater variety than ever, the project can now be found on GitHub: https://github.com/EmperorJake/JPengines
There isn't an official release yet, but you can download it on there and check out the latest additions :) (Just be aware that it's in development and things will change severely and without warranty)

Please note this name change has been a long time coming and is not a response to the previous post regarding the filename I used. I apologise if I caused offense to anyone.
I notice on the Github that work has been done on this in the past week... Any idea when a release of this is coming, or no idea at all yet?
I love distracting myself from my day job by doing my day job thanks to OpenTTD JGR!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I'm working towards releasing it, hopefully before the end of the year :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Ever wanted to just build a lot of farm fields? Maybe you built a bunch of farms that are unnecessary and expensive. Maybe you meticulously placed NewObjects over a large area. Maybe your chosen industry set didn't come with fields. Well now there's an easier way!

The Field Spawner is a simple 1-tile dummy industry which creates farm fields around it. It's cheap to build and creates a small amount of passengers so it doesn't interfere with any industry sets. It uses farm graphics from the baseset so it's guaranteed to blend in. Also there's a parameter which lets you choose whether to spawn them at the start of a game.

Available now on Bananas: https://bananas.openttd.org/manager/newgrf/4a4b8702

Code is on Github: https://github.com/EmperorJake/field_spawner

Attachments
fields.PNG
(474.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Emperor Jake wrote: 24 Oct 2022 01:12 Ever wanted to just build a lot of farm fields? Maybe you built a bunch of farms that are unnecessary and expensive. Maybe you meticulously placed NewObjects over a large area. Maybe your chosen industry set didn't come with fields. Well now there's an easier way!
Great idea.

Wonder if object farm crops can be made to do same .. to spawn instead of doing 1 piece at a time. :roll:

Cheers
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

GarryG wrote: 24 Oct 2022 06:15
Wonder if object farm crops can be made to do same .. to spawn instead of doing 1 piece at a time. :roll:

Cheers
Objects can't spawn fields, that's why I had to make it an industry. As for building objects over a large area at once, JGR Patchpack has had this ability for a while but it will also be in vanilla in OpenTTD 13 :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

JP+ Engines

Post by Emperor Jake »

🇯🇵 JP+ Engines & Wagons🇯🇵

After a long wait, JP+ Engines is finally available on Bananas!
Featuring dozens of new locomotives, passenger coaches and freight wagons for your Japanese games! With a multitude of variants and livery options to choose from.
Some caveats:
  • Needs to be loaded after JapanSet 3 Trains to run
  • Still a lot of stuff that needs to be done, like more diesels, special passenger coaches and removing the need for JapanSet 3
  • Mostly compatible with previous versions. Capacities and liveries may have changed, but this is fixable in depot.
Source code is on GitHub: https://github.com/EmperorJake/JPengines
Please report any bugs/issues on GitHub or Discord, I check those more frequently than the forums.

Just a small taste of what's in store:
Attachments
jpengines.PNG
(309.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

🇯🇵JP+ Bridges🇯🇵

Introducing JP+ Bridges, a variety of bridges inspired by real Japanese bridges. Includes wooden, arch, cable-stayed, suspension, truss, and concrete viaducts to cover a wide variety of eras and situations. Now available on Bananas!
This has been a long time coming, as it is a direct continuation of BOBB (Best of Both Bridges) as found on the previous page of this thread. However it is now a fully fledged bridge set that covers all IDs, so no need to combine it with another set.

Many bridges are full tile width for building side by side modular bridges, and all bridges are visually compatible with custom bridgeheads.

It is highly recommended to combine with JapanSet Tracks, as the bridge textures are designed to match the urban rail. However, you can use any track set you prefer. Any newtrack set is required as JP+ Bridges does not have graphics for the vanilla rails.

JP+ Bridges requires a minimum of OpenTTD version 13, due to containing infinite-speed bridges. For JGRPP exclusive features, there is a separate GRF called JP+ Bridges Extension. This currently contains the custom GUI icons, but will be expanded with new bridges including support for JP+ Suspended Monorail.

Please direct any feature requests and bug reports to the Github page: https://github.com/EmperorJake/JPbridges
Attachments
jpbridge.PNG
The bridges available in JP+ Bridges.
(421.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jpbridgui.PNG
The custom icons in JP+ Bridges Extension
(109.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jpbridgext.grf
Extension GRF for JGRPP. Version 0.1 contains the icons only.
(4.63 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Emperor Jake wrote: 08 Oct 2023 07:43 🇯🇵JP+ Bridges🇯🇵

Introducing JP+ Bridges, a variety of bridges inspired by real Japanese bridges. Includes wooden, arch, cable-stayed, suspension, truss, and concrete viaducts to cover a wide variety of eras and situations. Now available on Bananas!
This has been a long time coming, as it is a direct continuation of BOBB (Best of Both Bridges) as found on the previous page of this thread. However it is now a fully fledged bridge set that covers all IDs, so no need to combine it with another set.

Many bridges are full tile width for building side by side modular bridges, and all bridges are visually compatible with custom bridgeheads.

It is highly recommended to combine with JapanSet Tracks, as the bridge textures are designed to match the urban rail. However, you can use any track set you prefer. Any newtrack set is required as JP+ Bridges does not have graphics for the vanilla rails.

JP+ Bridges requires a minimum of OpenTTD version 13, due to containing infinite-speed bridges. For JGRPP exclusive features, there is a separate GRF called JP+ Bridges Extension. This currently contains the custom GUI icons, but will be expanded with new bridges including support for JP+ Suspended Monorail.

Please direct any feature requests and bug reports to the Github page: https://github.com/EmperorJake/JPbridges
^^^^
Japanese Bridges is now available for all players who try to use this bridge set about Japan and also applied to other scenarios (outside of Japanese-style), but still waiting for upcoming Japanese Road Set (would to be matches for JP+ Bridges).
CoconutKR
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JP+ Engines

Post by CoconutKR »

Emperor Jake wrote: 04 Mar 2023 09:23 🇯🇵 JP+ Engines & Wagons🇯🇵

After a long wait, JP+ Engines is finally available on Bananas!
Featuring dozens of new locomotives, passenger coaches and freight wagons for your Japanese games! With a multitude of variants and livery options to choose from.
Some caveats:
  • Needs to be loaded after JapanSet 3 Trains to run
  • Still a lot of stuff that needs to be done, like more diesels, special passenger coaches and removing the need for JapanSet 3
  • Mostly compatible with previous versions. Capacities and liveries may have changed, but this is fixable in depot.
Source code is on GitHub: https://github.com/EmperorJake/JPengines
Please report any bugs/issues on GitHub or Discord, I check those more frequently than the forums.

Just a small taste of what's in store:
JP+ Engine & Wagon has been translated into Korean. 🇰🇷
I made a Pull Request on GitHub. I hope that the JP+ series, including JP+ E&W, will grow even further!
Coconut NewGRF Series
AWAS Advanced World Airliners Set (Scheduled for release in fall 2024)

Return to “Graphics Releases”