Toyland Mars 2 latest download

Problems with Transport Tycoon?
mytribe
Engineer
Engineer

Toyland Mars 2 latest download

Post by mytribe »

Hi not sure if I am posting in correct topic! but I have recently downloaded from your site the latest version (love this game) but in Toyland Mars 2 I tried creating a Cola truck but even though it says it collects Cola it doesn't it is a passenger vehicle. Please Please can anyone put this right. Thank you.
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: Toyland Mars 2 latest download

Post by odisseus »

I know very little about the Toyland to Mars conversion, but my guess is that there is no suitable cargo type (namely cola) defined in your game, and the truck defaulted to passengers.

Anyway, you should post the whole list of GRFs that you use, as it is nearly impossible to identify the problem otherwise. A saved game that exhibits the problem could also be helpful.
mytribe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mytribe »

Hi thank you so much for your reply. unfortunately I am 66 yrs old and don't know how to find out a list of Grfs never mind upload them! also a saved game same problem if you can help and advise me how to do this would be very grateful. ?
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

You should press and hold the save button, and select 'Save game' from the dropdown menu. Afterwards, select the name and location for your save file — this step is similar to many other programs that allow saving files.

In the forum's interface for writing a reply, notice that there are two tabs below the text box. Select the tab that says 'Attachments', and click the button in that tab. In a pop-up window, select the file you have created previously.

That's it! Once you click 'Submit', the file will be attached to your new post, and people will be able to download it.

P.S. Oops, I didn't notice that this is a question about the original Transport Tycoon, not OpenTTD. I hope the interface of that game is similar enough so you can find your way around it.
eekee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eekee »

odisseus wrote: 03 Jun 2020 07:15 I know very little about the Toyland to Mars conversion, but my guess is that there is no suitable cargo type (namely cola) defined in your game, and the truck defaulted to passengers.
I know this is a very late reply, but given the extreme sparseness of information regarding the "Toyland to Mars convertion" (sic) GRF, I thought I'd add what I've seen. It seems to be a bug in the GRF itself; the road vehicles (and only the road vehicles) which are supposed to carry cola are set to carry passengers instead. I checked this by loading only this GRF in JGR's patch pack. I'd love to see this GRF fixed, but I suspect it won't be as the developer has removed it from his download site. I can understand that; it contains graphics created by Microprose, putting it on the same iffy legal basis as abandonware.
Extreme network builder. screenshot thread
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Arshi wrote: 05 Feb 2023 14:41
mytribe wrote: 26 Apr 2020 10:13 Hi not sure if I am posting in correct topic! but I have recently downloaded from your site the latest version (love this game) but in Toyland Mars 2 I tried creating a Cola truck but even though it says it collects Cola it doesn't it is a passenger vehicle. Please Please can anyone put this right. Thank you.GBWhatsApp
I am also facing kinda similar problem can i get help?
The author, George, stated years ago that he has no intentions of fixing any errors, but would be happy to provide the source code to somebody who does.
odisseus
Director
Director

Post by odisseus »

Why wouldn't he just post the sources on Github and let everybody who's interested try his skills?

By the way, it turns out that there is an OpenGFX Mars add-on. It is much more modern, and I guess it doesn't have the idiosyncrasies of the old Mars conversion (such as Toyland names for industries and houses). However, the graphics have quite a different feel. While the George's Mars has an alien look to it, the new Mars represents a futuristic environment being terraformed by Earth colonists.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

odisseus wrote: 05 Feb 2023 16:03 Why wouldn't he just post the sources on Github and let everybody who's interested try his skills?
Because a) this project is 20 years old this year, and it's not been touched in that long, and
b) George has kept the source code and his sprites under copyright.
By the way, it turns out that there is an OpenGFX Mars add-on. It is much more modern, and I guess it doesn't have the idiosyncrasies of the old Mars conversion (such as Toyland names for industries and houses). However, the graphics have quite a different feel. While the George's Mars has an alien look to it, the new Mars represents a futuristic environment being terraformed by Earth colonists.
For an updated industry set for the Toyland to Mars add-on, look for Martian Industries.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

kamnet wrote: 05 Feb 2023 15:27
Arshi wrote: 05 Feb 2023 14:41
mytribe wrote: 26 Apr 2020 10:13 Hi not sure if I am posting in correct topic! but I have recently downloaded from your site the latest version (love this game) but in Toyland Mars 2 I tried creating a Cola truck but even though it says it collects Cola it doesn't it is a passenger vehicle. Please Please can anyone put this right. Thank you.GBWhatsApp
I am also facing kinda similar problem can i get help?
The author, George, stated years ago that he has no intentions of fixing any errors, but would be happy to provide the source code to somebody who does.
Just to clarify for any viewing the thread chain and wondering about missing posts, User 'Arshi' has been removed as all their posts had spam links imbedded.
Nothing gets past Geo's sharp modding eyes :mrgreen:

Return to “Problems”