[JGR BUG] My trains suddenly gets slow

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kcl504sandboxgamer
Engineer
Engineer

[JGR BUG] My trains suddenly gets slow

Post by kcl504sandboxgamer »

It was OK at the beginning, but one day when I loaded my game, all my monorail trains suddenly run at 30km/h when first leaving my stations. I'm using the newest version of OpenTTD JGR. Savegame link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RLs-fo ... sp=sharing
(Pls download JGR before loading that game!)
Last edited by kcl504sandboxgamer on 23 Mar 2022 10:56, edited 1 time in total.
kamnet

Re: My trains suddenly gets slow

Post by kamnet »

Just a guess since I've not downloaded it, but is realistic acceleration enabled in the game settings?
kcl504sandboxgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kcl504sandboxgamer »

Initially yes, since I forgot to turn off the setting. But even after that, the trains still hardly accelerates. Oddly enough, some trains can reach max speed really fast, while some stick at 30km/h for a while, which makes it more like a bug than anything wrong with the settings.
Qu@rks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [JGR BUG] My trains suddenly gets slow

Post by Qu@rks »

Sounds like a too high weight multiplier setting for trains. Check if reducing the underlined value has any impact. If it doesn't, you might wanna check the other settings in the attached image. Realistic acceleration, slope steepness and car speed limits may have an impact as well.
Attachments
Weight Multiplier.png
Weight Multiplier.png (407.52 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
kcl504sandboxgamer wrote: 21 Mar 2022 07:12 Oddly enough, some trains can reach max speed really fast, while some stick at 30km/h for a while, which makes it more like a bug than anything wrong with the settings.
What value has the weight, the power and tractive effort of such a train? Beside a to high value for the weight multiplier your report sounds like a to weak engine for a to heavy train.

In this case you have to shorten the train and to play with more trains instead or you have to use double or multi tractions (two or more locomotives for a single train).

Tschö, Auge

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”