[Resolved] Road vehicles/ships won't leave even when they are full.

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

kcl504sandboxgamer
Engineer
Engineer

[Resolved] Road vehicles/ships won't leave even when they are full.

Post by kcl504sandboxgamer »

I'm using the latest version of OpenTTD JGR. Some of my road vehicles and ships simply won't leave even when they are full if I order them to wait for full load. Yeah, they just stop there forever unless I order them to skip that stop. It's suspected that the bug is caused by the large number of road vehicles (there are over 100). Here's the savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AtdCVS ... sp=sharing

*Cargodist is enabled for all cargo types.
Last edited by kcl504sandboxgamer on 23 Mar 2022 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [JGR BUG] Road vehicles/ships won't leave even when they are full.

Post by mak »

Not looked but do you have auto timetable enabled, if so because it takes time to load it will also be delayed by time table.
kcl504sandboxgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Yes, but even after I turn that off and disable automatic timetable for affected vehicles, the bug is still there.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

kcl504sandboxgamer wrote: 22 Mar 2022 04:40 I'm using the latest version of OpenTTD JGR. Some of my road vehicles and ships simply won't leave even when they are full if I order them to wait for full load. Yeah, they just stop there forever unless I order them to skip that stop. It's suspected that the bug is caused by the large number of road vehicles (there are over 100). Here's the savegame: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AtdCVS ... sp=sharing
That's hardly traceable with your savegame because you ordered (quite?) all road vehicles to depots for sale. There are only three ships, all with a full-load-order, all with automated timetables. But at "Chutown Docks" delivers no cargo and the lorry station gets not serviced (maybe because of the (complete?) road vehicle sale).

When you deliver cargo for a 100-%-loading of the ships and disable the automated timetabling, the ships will start to move to their destinations immediately, when fully loaded (here "Senthill City"). But the destination doesn't acceppt the delivered cargoes and there's no service to deliver the cargo to its final destination. Additionally many of your vehicles have invalid and/or implicit orders in their timetables. Apropos implicit orders, I bought a new lorry and generated a timetable with only explicit non-stop-orders. When the vehicle was started, it added implicit orders of passed stations to its timetable itself (I don't know the setting to disable this behaviour). A next point are the overlong routes for many lorries. So the running costs exceed the income in many cases. All in all, there are many points to correct.

As last but not relevant for the current problem I think it is not optimal to generate individual timetables for every single vehicle. My recommendation: use the power of shared roders, where possible. First advantage: the number of individual timetables is limited by the game, second advantage: if you change one or all orders of one vehicle with a shared timetable, the timetable changes for every vehicle, that shares this timetable.
kcl504sandboxgamer
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [Resolved] Road vehicles/ships won't leave even when they are full.

Ok. It was all caused by the use of 'automatic timetabling'.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”