Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Atomkraftzwerg
Engineer
Engineer

Stylus and Finger offset support

Post by Atomkraftzwerg »

Hi,
please excuse my bad english but i try my best to describe what i mean.
I got a new Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra with S-Pen and i installed OpenTTD. I started the game but im wondering that the s-pen doesnt work in OpenTTD.
When i switch fast enough from an graphics app like paint to OpenTTD, than i can use the pen inside OpenTTD.
I hope you can figure out why the s-pen isnt supported in your app.

And i got an Idea to improve the placement of objects. If i play OpenTTD i cant really see what i build because of my finger is in line of sight.
Can you add support for an adjustable offset for fingers? like x/y = +20pixel. that the cursor appears on the upper left of my finger or the upper right for lefthand users?
That will improve the gameplay of your game so much. Without one of these features, OpenTTD will not be used for long to me.
You made a really great game great again for modern systems, thank you for that old beauty. i love the game. But i would love it more if i could use it on my new tablet without having that difficult to place tracks or roads.
I hope that you dont understand me wrong or get mad on me.

thanks for reading
Steve (from germany)
Atomkraftzwerg
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Stylus and Finger offset support

Post by Atomkraftzwerg »

Sorry, i forgot something.

- An "Offset" for fingers should only appear if something placable is selected.
- in placement mode you swipe to the position you want, then you have to tap on the same location to set the startpoint -> swipe to the end of your track and tap again to set the end of that track. (only for streets, tracks and simmilar, NOT for buildings)
- to place buildings, just swipe to the location and tap on the same spot to place it. (only buildings not tracks etc.)

- another solution for finger offset is: Only a small window (which can also be oved around to the desired position) with a button inside to toggle the Offset function (maybe if the offset is to big to reach buttons bar on a side)
- for full adjusting you could implement 4 smaller buttons where you can adjust the offst in 5 pixel per step/klick seperate for x and y axis.

i hope that helps

best regards
Steve
Atomkraftzwerg
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Stylus and Finger offset support

Post by Atomkraftzwerg »

Hi,
my Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra got an update, the Stylus Pen does now work in OpenTTD.
But i think other Tablet or samrtphone users would love to get an offset function for their cursor/finger.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”