[TTDP] Wellington Region, New Zealand (1921) [scenario]

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
mike_slydog
Engineer
Engineer

[TTDP] Wellington Region, New Zealand (1921) [scenario]

Post by mike_slydog »

Recently, I have been playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe again via a Dosbox-based app on my iPad mini (6th gen).

Some time ago, I found a Wellington (New Zealand) scenario on these forums and had fun playing 70 game years on it.
Looking for something a bit more accurate, I dug up some heightmaps I had and made this Wellington Region scenario.

As shown in the mini-map below, the area covers the greater Wellington Region and the Wairarapa (with the large lake).

Town placements are roughly accurate, but represent most in that region and are sized approximately in importance.
Industries are placed for interesting gameplay, with farms in regions where they really exist and others approximate.

A few caveats to note…

1. Requires TTDPatch 2.6 r2384 to work (the last revision available).
Link: https://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/

2. That also requires the correct ttdpbase[w].grf to work (the last by DaleStan).
Link: viewtopic.php?p=674392#p674392

3. The only required NewGRF file is Pikka's Basic Industries (PBI) - 1.5 6th of September 2008.
Link: viewtopic.php?t=32137

4. Use any other NewGRFs you like for aircraft, buildings, roads, ships, stations, trains, trees, vehicles, or whatever.

And why did I make this on TTDPatch?

Well, I don't have a Mac or Windows machine anymore and have no way to play OpenTTD on iOS or iPadOS.
And anyway, this ‘scratches that itch' to play Transport Tycoon like when I discovered it on DOS years ago.

Have fun!

NOTE: The scenario file is zipped, since it wouldn’t let me attach the SV0 file from an iPad.
Attachments
TRT14.zip
Zipped SV0 File
(86.9 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Mini-map Overview
Mini-map Overview
overview.png (77.94 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Required GRFs
Required GRFs
newgrf.png (187.21 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
<<— Playing TTDPatch 2.6 r2384 via the Dosbox-based iDOS app on an iPad mini (6th gen) —>>
erwtensoep
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [TTDP] Wellington Region, New Zealand (1921) [scenario]

Post by erwtensoep »

Cool, I love that you went back to the good old original! I recently installed the original Windows version on a virtual XP machine, it was so much fun seeing the real classic! Well done 8)

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”