Train purchase

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Trampek0011
Engineer
Engineer

Train purchase

Post by Trampek0011 »

I'm currently trying to buy a train engine, but it doesn't show up in the "New vehicle" window in the depot. I have barely started to play the game yesterday and I'm confused. Also I would really appreciate if someone could explain me how to improve town relations.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Train purchase

Post by Wahazar »

Probably start date is too early.
Also plant trees to pay for land works.
Trampek0011
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trampek0011 »

No. My start date was 2021 so I should have trains, but once I sold my first train, then all other ones just disappeared from the vehicle purchase menu. I can only buy wagons at this point
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Trampek0011 wrote: 31 Oct 2021 11:06 No. My start date was 2021 so I should have trains, but once I sold my first train, then all other ones just disappeared from the vehicle purchase menu. I can only buy wagons at this point
With the default train set, at that point you only have electric trains and / or maglevs available. You need an electrified and / or maglev depot to buy those.
Trampek0011
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trampek0011 »

Where do I find those? Or how can I get those?
Trampek0011
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trampek0011 »

Nevermind, I have found them! Thanks for your help. :D
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

DOegg wrote: 28 Jan 2022 13:14 I'm facing the same problem now. I'm trying to buy a train engine, but it doesn't appear in the list even though it looks valid.
First thing to check, is your depot currently the right type of depot to build the train? (ie: electric trains can't be built in depots without cables, you can't build a maglev train in a monorail depot, etc), if you're running with the vehicles expire setting, then the vehicle may have expired, and no longer available for sale. If so, and you want them back, untick that setting, then go to the console (usually the ` button), and type in 'resetengines', and that should fix it.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”