How to merge stations

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

openTTD2k22
Engineer
Engineer

How to merge stations

Post by openTTD2k22 »

I'm new in this forum and a "hello" to all.

I have played Transport Tycoon (original) so many hours an openTTD for years...

But now I have seen a savegame with a situation I did not know how to rebuild myself.

I will explain:
There are some wood productions. Each of them only has got a single station (1x1) with no connection to the train/track network. Only this single station near the wood production.
Then there is a main station (4x4) which has been integrated to the train/track network.
But the single station and the main stations are one station. so all the wood from the single stations will be directly in the main station.

How to build this in the game? Do I need an Addon or newGRF to do this?

Attached screenshot:
On the left side you will the main station connected to the train/track network and on the right side you will see the wood production and the single station without connection which is part of the main station.
How to build this?

I hope onyone can help me...
example.jpg
(837.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Re: How to merge stations

Post by kamnet »

Ctrl-click when building a new station will bring up a list of existing stations that you can use to build the new station as. This will use the station spread feature in the game.
openTTD2k22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by openTTD2k22 »

Thank you so much. This feature is new for me :-)

I have seen there is a setting "maximum station spread". Which max value do you recommend without speed probplems or other issues?
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Maximum station spread can be set as high as you feel is fair game. Higher settings don't affect speed or stability in any way, they just allow for more "cheaty" station layouts.
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by 2TallTyler »

jfs wrote: 27 Jan 2022 21:24 Higher settings don't affect speed or stability in any way, they just allow for more "cheaty" station layouts.
The helptext says otherwise. :wink:

Does this need correcting?
Attachments
station_spread_helptext.png
station_spread_helptext.png (79.07 KiB) Viewed 3730 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

we discussed changing that message years ago, when the internal algorithm for determining whether an industry is in the catchment area was changed. (now depends on number of industries, not station spread anymore)

dunno why it wasn't done

Return to “General OpenTTD”