AI ShortName In-use

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: AI ShortName In-use

Post by Yexo »

MinchinWeb wrote:I would say keep this. Bananas, if I remember right, doesn't tell you the shortname directly, but rather reverses it, and then converts it a hex: a bit of a pain to work backwards.
Sure, it's a pain to read. However the shortname is not really important. The only thing that's important is that it's unique, and bananas already enforces that. Should you develop an AI with a non-unique name, you will notice when you try to upload it to bananas and it's still trivial to change.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Maybe move the list to the wiki, so that people can add to it themselves.

But there's also no list of GRFIDs in use, and that works out (mostly) without problems.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

FooBar wrote:Maybe move the list to the wiki, so that people can add to it themselves.
If anyone wants to do that: please go ahead.
11Runner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 11Runner »

Created page at http://wiki.openttd.org/AI:ShortNames_In_Use

I am not sure how to link it with the sidebar on the NoAI development wiki pages.

I have only added a few ShortNames to the list, so feel free to edit (It would take me forever to get them all on there).

I also plan to greatly improve the page structure a bit (since it is definitely a bit rushed for a start)

EDIT: Figured out how to add the Sidebar and Link (using "templates" in case anyone wanted to know)

SynTrans - A Synaptic Networking AI for OpenTTD
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Forever? Isn't it just to transform the list in the first post to match a different syntax? As a programmer you should have the right tools to do that.

I think it can probably be done using sed or a macro in a text editor that is repeated for each row. No need to resort to manual work.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
11Runner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 11Runner »

Oh fine. I will put some more work into it :), although the AI names were not added to the list, so I will need to dig for those manually (and some of them are not so obvious)

11Runner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 11Runner »

OK I have now added most (if not all) of the AIs and GameScripts to the Wiki page. If we still deem the shortname list to be unuseful, the wiki page can be removed.

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

11Runner wrote:I have now added most (if not all)
This topic can only be dropped if one is absolutely sure about that...

Small question though: do AIs and Game Scripts use the same pool of shortnames? I.e. if there is an AI with the name AAAA, can there exist an GS next to that with the name AAAA?

If that is not possible (all from one pool), then I recommend noting that on the particular page.
If that is possible (two different pools), then I recommend having two different tables.

And a suggestion: replace "It is recommended to create a unique short name" with "It is required to create a unique short name". As bananas won't even accept two different AIs with the same name.

The full name column is nice, I like that addition :)
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

There is two separate name pools. SuperLib for nogo uses the same short name as the AI eddition.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
In that case it makes no sense to have both in one list :)
Jaume
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jaume »

Iep!

SSAI for SuperSimpleAI.

Thanks!

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”