DB Set XL Engines missing

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

FatRat
Engineer
Engineer

DB Set XL Engines missing

Post by FatRat »

Hi,

I recently have encountered the following issue: Some engines of the DB Set XL are not available anymore, even though the game is right in their buying time. By the game date 16. Jan 1930 the following engines shuld be available, but aren't: BR 75, E 62, BR 191, BR 116. At least BR 116 still EXISTS in the game as trains I have created earlier have this exact engine and they work smoothly. So far I have:
- made sure that the depot is an electric one -> it is, other electric engines are available
- tried to copy a train sporting a BR 116 -> Error Message: vehicle not available
- set the time back an restarted to run through the entry dates again -> said engines do NOT become available
- used reset_engines multiple times -> no change
- killed all other trainsets -> no change
- reinstalled DB Set XL -> no change
- killed rail type NewGRF -> no change

I'm running out of ideas and have some hope that anyone of you may have encounterd the same or a similar phenomenon. Please help!
FatRat
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: DB Set XL Engines missing

Post by Taschi »

Did you change your NewGRF settings (in particular, added or removed any NewGRFs) after world generation? That can sometimes lead to weird effects.

Could you check if the engines you mentioned are available if you start a new game (with an appropriate starting date, of course)?
FatRat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FatRat »

Yes I did change NewGRF settings (shame on me, should have mentioned this!) by adding quite a few more. Most likely this is the reason for the issue - it's stated everywhere that you can get weird behaviour.

Anyhow, I tried a new game and all engines are available. I will try to remove all NewGRF and see if one acts like a switch for engine availability.
FatRat
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

The thing is, just removing the NewGRF you added to the game won't necessarily bring things back. Just the act of adding the additional mods can cause internal state to break, and be impossible to repair. The only safe way would be to go back to an older save before you made the changes.
FatRat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FatRat »

To shut this thread just a few last words, since I believe I have either to live without these enginges or lose the game.

As stated above I have tried to remove all NewGRFs and put them back in which sort of succeeded but did not solve the issue - just as jfs had stated. I also tried out some of the older savegames, but even the very first one led to the same issue. In any scenario the missing engines remain the only ones as the years go by. All other vehicles are or will be available, so the pain is not that bad.

Conclusion: There is nothing you can do. Case closed.
FatRat

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”