re-tackling New York scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

re-tackling New York scenario

Post by trainrover »

Skip stop, fed subway service...19-year pilot's satisfactory 🍺 Manhattan station highlights what I'm after, it might service more than six district tram stops...?
Attachments
Catskill Lines, 31st Mar 1974.sav
(369.56 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: re-tackling New York scenario

Post by trainrover »

This is more like it...optimal feeding comes with subway line extension, although there'll always be that fraction where a quartet of stations cannot be serviced as much as the rest of the route is. That 40+ tram line shortened several times.

Without any further expansion other than switchbacks, I'd like to see whether a fraction of the subway services -- say..one fifth -- can be redirected to long distance.
Attachments
Catskill Lines, 23rd Jan 1983.sav
(411.01 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Long-distance would work but only as a tiny fraction. With another subway route introduced now, there's a West Bronx station where feeding needed to be clawed back (up to > 3,000 passengers)..maybe an express backbone with chords would become necessary..? It's fun! 🍸
Attachments
Catskill Lines, 4th Dec 2009.sav
(527.71 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Surprise, surprise! I could bump up the long-distance subways as often as half the frequency of the regular services..it wouldn't surprise me if service frequency could be matched to regular services, but setting the ratio at 1:1 might be pushing it, and setting it to 7:20 - roughly ⅓ - freed up thousands' of congested passengers at East Bronx East 4A and Bushwick North 4A stations.

Recap: two regular service fleets (e.g., 4A and 4B) at 19-day intervals to have two alternate, long-distance service fleets (e.g., 4A X and 4B X) -- thus far, only one line, 4A X -- at mostly 57-day intervals save for a single, squishy 38-day gap.

Yeah, so I've ALWAYS been excited by subways within OTTD; its encountered hindrances for others've always been queer to me, yet now the rewards reaped by subways seem galactic...the overtaking my long-distance subways execute happens in the purse, you see......🍺

I'll first free up congestion elsewhere instead of further expansion (now 4 subway routes)....I can't contain my jubilance! and so here I'm hastily uploading my progress 🍸
Attachments
Catskill Lines, 19th Apr 2045.sav
(625.43 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

oo la! so Route No. 4 if you will is ready. Were its own four lines roughly the same length, then there'd be less bother at setting up and implementing. But that the sequential interplays change each run due to the pairs being short length versus long one, such complexity seems more lifelike ha ha. The only! bugger was having to slow the introductions of the long long-distance line Line 4A X by way of speed limit (27MPH), because pairing the short lines Lines 4B with 4B X to turn around at work order cut-offs so as to free the treble-tracking thereabouts was still yielding the cheeky sneaks ample invasiveness, settlingly sandwiching into (unavoidable) segment gaps.

Clockworks..sheer clockworks. And tweaking the inner (short) termini to no longer accommodate multiple arrivals and even tweaking the start/finish one up to treble from dual tracking.

Cheers, you newGRF authors you, subways, streetcars & buses function superbly !
Attachments
Catskill Lines, 9th Feb 2061.sav
(639.89 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Routes ❷, ❸, and ❹ now fully operational!
Attachments
Catskill Lines, 5th Aug 2081.sav
(653.05 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Eight subway routes, nowadays all comfortably operated at maximum capacity.
Attachments
Catskill Lines, 23rd Mar 2183.sav
(896.47 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”