Trains and Trucks Tycoon / SuS / 3DTT mod release thread

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Trains and Trucks Tycoon / SuS / 3DTT mod release thread

Post by don_quijote »

Hi Guys,

sorry, there was and is still a problem with my English copy of the game, which is broken. The plan was, to present you, like for the German version, simply a file to paste in the main directory. But anyway, you can use the already released mod for the German version. It’s not so easy like the first plan, but anyway it is not complicated.

Preparation:

1. Go to this German TT site and download the German mod pack (scroll down): http://www.wisim-welt.de/filebase/index ... rafik-Mod/
2. Download on the same site the modding tools (scroll down): http://www.wisim-welt.de/filebase/index ... ing-Tools/
3. Download the patch v1.1 for English version at gamefront or for the German version here:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/ttt11+pa ... einfo.html
http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dow ... /3582.html

If you have the German version you can simply use the pack from the German page. Use the instructions there: Make a copy of the original files (and leave the copy in the DATA Folder) and put the ones from the download pack in it. That’s it, basically.

If you have the English version TRY FIRST TO PROCEED IT LIKE FOR THE GERMAN VERSION, if this is not working follow these instructions below:

1. Install game and patch.
2. Go to the install directory of the game and open the DATA folder, where you can find the database files with the ending .wdb in it.
3. Take the little tool “WDBEntpacker3.exe” (it’s an extractor) from the “Tools” pack you downloaded for the preparation and place this tool in the DATA folder.
4. Make a copy of the original data.wdb and sus11.wdb files (just rename like dataori.wdb) and leave these copies in that folder (otherwise you will get “missing database error”)
5. Execute the WDBEntpacker.exe there and extract the original data.wdb and sus11.wdb.
6. Now you have two now folder in the DATA folder named DATA_WDB and SUS11_WDB. Go in this folder and you will find a lot of interesting stuff. This is the main database and in general that’s the right place for mod this game.

So far, so fine. But nothing is modded until now. You have to go on:

7. Now have a look at the German mod pack you downloaded from the German page. Extract its content to a separate folder you like. You see now the 2 modded wdb files for the German version: data.wdb and sus11.wdb.
8. Put again the “WDBEntpacker.exe” in this folder and extract both wdb. You now get again two folder named DATA_WDB and SUS11_WDB. Now you can copy all the stuff you need from the German extracted Data files to the ones you extracted for your English version.
9. So copy the Folders GFX, GFX_HI, VEHICLES and RANDOMMAP.SDSC from the DATA_WDB of the mod pack you downloaded and extracted in a separate folder and paste them to the DATA_WDB you extracted from the original wdb in you install directory. Of course overwrite the old files there.
10.Do the same with the file “BG_4_3.bmp” from the extracted SUS11_WDB. You just need it for the loading screen. That’s all here.

Now you have moved the modded files from the German mod pack to your English directory on your computer. Great! But it’s not done. Now you have to repack the extracted DATA_WDB and SUS_11 WDB in you installation directory to get the changes in your game. Go on with:

11. Go again to the modding tools pack you downloaded and find the RepMAker.zip. There are two files in it: RepMAker.exe and data.rif (it’s the check file). You need both files. Copy and paste both in each folder you want to pack. So place both files in the DATA_WDB folder and the SUS11_WDB folder.
12. Execute the RepMaker .exe in the DATA_WDB fiolder first. The Progrtam will create a new data.wdb in it. This should work without errors. Is there an error message you have to note it. Then open the data.rif check file with windows text editor or notepad and find the line, which is mentioned in the error message. Delete this line and save. This should solve the problem.
13. Now copy and paste the new packed data.wdb from the DATA_WDB Folder to the DATA Folder. Overwrite the existing data.wdb.
14. Now do the same witg the sus11.wdb. But befor you can repack it you have to edit the data.rif. Again!: Both files, the RepMaker.exe and the data.rif must be in the SUS11_WDB. Open the data.rif in the SUS11_WDB folder with the the text editor. Delete all and add the lines:

; 3DTT REPOSITORY FILE
; 2001-10-01
;
ui(*.bmp;*.kkd;*.fnt;*.sav)
buildings(*.bif;*.msh2;*.mas;*.amo;*.bmp)
vehicles(*.vif;*.msh2;*.mas;*.amo)
newspaper(*.ini;*.bmp)
*addonuk.lgd
*english.lgd
*names_uk.txt
*citiesuk.txt

15. Now you can repack the sus11.wdb, which will appear in the SUS11_WDB folder and copy and paste it to the DATA folder. Of course overwrite the existing file.
16. Phu…this should do it. Open the game and check the changes. Of course you have to set graphic settings to highest. Also keep in mind that you can change all graphics and the resolution you want in the TTT.ini in the main directory. Open it with the text editor. For example it looks like the following for 1920x1080:

ResX=1920
ResY=1080
Bpp=32
Attachments
1 800.jpg
1 800.jpg (168.69 KiB) Viewed 55105 times
2 800.jpg
2 800.jpg (260.61 KiB) Viewed 55105 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (188.18 KiB) Viewed 55105 times
Last edited by don_quijote on 08 Sep 2014 19:22, edited 4 times in total.
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Trains and Trucks Tycoon / SuS / 3DTT mod release thread

Post by don_quijote »

Or....somebody could try to just copy and paste the german mod files in the enlish version by keeping a backup of the original files in the folder. Maybe the game will work wihtout problems anyway. I cant check...this would be the easier way. Just try and tell here.
Monkey D. Luffy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monkey D. Luffy »

Hey don_quijote

Thanks for this awesome mod, I didn`t knew there are still people out there care/play Trains and Trucks. I found my CD a few days ago and installed it, and I still love this game. I wondered if there are any modifications or patches for this game and well, I found this page.

I`m going to install the graphical mod, I`m pretty excited about it, but I think the link is down. Well I cant find a link to download the file.

Thanks for still working on a fantastic game like this with its sad history.

greetings :wink:

edit: aha, gerade rausgefunden das du der deutschen Sprache mächtig bist,^^ naja ich werde versuchen mich für die anderen Forumsbesuchern trotzdem auf Englisch auszudrücken.

Wie gesagt, ich glaube das der Downloadlink nicht funktioniert bzw der beitrag gelöscht wurde.
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Hi Monkey,

ja, wie ich gesehen habe, sind die Files nicht down, sondern durch eine Umstrukturierung des Forums verschoben worden. Ich habe die Links oben aktualisiert und du solltest jatzt zum Download gelangen. Hach ja...ist bis heute ein geiles Spiel. Hast du die Train Fever zugelegt? Verblüffend wie ähnlich die Spielmechanik zu SuS ist. Das zeigt wie dieses Spiel eiegntlich seiner Zeit vorraus war...

Hi guys,

i updated the links overhead. Should now work fine again ;)
Monkey D. Luffy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monkey D. Luffy »

Danke für die Aktualisierung ;)

Mir ist Train Fever erst vor kurzem ins Auge gesprungen und ich muss sagen das sieht schon sehr klasse aus und ähnelt schon stark an Sus - und das finde ich richtig gut! Ich denke das wird einen Kauf Wert sein. -> Vorallem da das SPiel sehr Modfreundlich sein soll, ich erhoffe mir da gute und interessante Erweiterungen aus der Community.

So etwas hat SuS leider gefehlt (der Quellcode war/ist verschlüsselt?), ich habe mir oft überlegt, wie man das Spiel hätte erweitern können, besonders von Zweispurigen Straßen hatte ich oft Visionen^^. Reale Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzungen, Maut, Steigende Unterhaltskosten im Alter und natürlich viel mehr verschiedene Fahrzeuge. Bei so einer Vorstellung bekomme ich echt Euphorie.

Noch etwas anderes, - es gibt doch einen Schienenbus, dieser kann aber keine Passagiere befördern, da dem Model wohl die Berechtigung für den Transport fehlt (also schlicht vergessen diesem Zugmodel den Transport von Passagieren einzutragen), da gibt es auch keine Lösung, oder?

edit:
Aha, habe hier etwas gefunden - https://sites.google.com/a/3dtt.co.cc/3 ... 3DTT-Addon - Ich würde auch gerne die Doppelstockwagen und andere Fahrzeuge (Anhänger...) mit in mein Spiel aufnehmen. In welche "data" Datei muss ich diese denn jetzt einfügen?

PS: Der Mod sieht echt Klasse aus! So macht das Spiel wieder etwas neues her :)
mfg
Last edited by planetmaker on 01 Oct 2014 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is an English forum, please keep postings to English language.
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

Hi Monkey,

i will return to english, due to our readers, who dont understand german ;)

Man...if you like SuS you will love Train Fever. Buy it, instantly ;) It feels like the unofficial sequel. Yes, the source code was unaccesable even for programmers here. But TF is different, there are A LOT of mods just some days after release. Check it here: http://www.train-fever.net/ I think the next month there will come a lot! A big modding community is there amd they will grow.

All the addons from this link you posted should be included in my mod. The new coaches are available from the late 1980 and mid 90s. ;)
doubledeck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by doubledeck »

Sir, this mod is great. Is it finished?
mgiglio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mgiglio »

Hi my great friend ... What are the modifications apported to TTT with this mod ?
don_quijote
Engineer
Engineer

Post by don_quijote »

hi guys, sorry its been a while since i was here. The Mod is finished for me. That means, of course it wasnt possible for me to recreate every texture but hundrets are replaced (see some screenshots here http://www.wisim-welt.de/index.php/Thre ... ot-Thread/ or here http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9&start=20). This mod is just a graphical texture replacement mod and i also provide some tools from the original developers, like the vehicle editor.
anovi
Engineer
Engineer

Latest news

Post by anovi »

Für alle, die noch nicht auf "Train Fever" aufgesprungen sind.
Die finale SUS Grafik Mod Version 1.02 hat wieder die Titelschrift auf der Startseite.
Und es gibt einen zusätzlichen Doppelstockwagen zum Rückwärtsfahren als Wendezug (erscheint nur bei neuen Spielen).
Ansonsten sind auch wieder alle Verbesserungen aus der miniMod 1.1. mit drin.

For those who have not yet jumped on "Train Fever".
The final TTT graphics mod version 1.02 has the title font on the start page again.
And there is an additional double-decker car for reversing as a turntable (only appears in new games).
Otherwise, all improvements from the miniMod 1.1. are included.

(Links in the download thread.)

Gruß, anovi.
Attachments
TTTGMod_UK1_02-Start.jpg
TTTGMod_UK1_02-Start.jpg (60.48 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
MiniMod_IHC_Waffen.jpg
MiniMod_IHC_Waffen.jpg (97.09 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
anovi
Engineer
Engineer

(Unofficial) update 1.2 with light fixes

Post by anovi »

(Inoffizielles) Update 1.2 mit Licht Korrekturen

Weil mich immer noch ein paar Dinge gestört hatten, habe ich mich noch mal drangesetzt und versucht noch einiges zu verbessern.

Gleich vorweg - einen Bahnübergang gibt es immer noch nicht. Habe keine Ahnung, wie man das hinbekommen könnte...

Enthält aber einige andere überfällige Korrekturen wie z.B. am Fahrzeug-Licht. Ohne eine Möglichkeit, die 3D Meshes vermessen zu können, waren diese ziemlich mühsam und mussten für die HD-Texturen tlw. wiederholt werden.
Jeder einzelne Scheinwerfer hat z.B. 17 Licht-Koordinaten. 16 davon sind für den Lichtring (Punkte direkt vor dem Scheinwerfer) und ein 17. bestimmt Länge und Richtung des Lichtkegel. Da muss man ohne Anleitung erst mal dahinterkommen...

Auch ein paar neue Fahrzeuge bringt das Update mit. Wenn auch nur für den "Generierte Karte" - Modus. Die übrigens alle auf bereits vorhandene Meshes basieren - daher waren entsprechende Kompromisse nötig.
Für die Grafik Modifikation wurden schließlich noch ein paar Lokschilder verbessert. Im Rahmen der Möglichkeiten, denn meistens erscheint auf einer Seite nur die Spiegelschrift.

Für alle die ihren SUS Installationsordner nicht mehr finden: Neuerdings ist der Ordner C:/Programme(x86) in Windows 10 ausgeblendet!
Abhife: Im Arbeitsplatz oben in der Menü Leiste Ansicht > Häkchen bei ausgeblendete Elemente setzen.

Soweit erst mal alles von mir.
Wer weitermachen will, braucht die Modding Tools und evl. noch ein Programm zum Erstellen/Bearbeiten der 3D Meshes (MSH2-Dateien).

Because a few things still bothered me, I tried again and tried to improve a few things.

First of all - there is still no level crossing. I have no idea how to do that ...

But contains some other overdue fixes for example the vehicle light. Without a way to measure the 3D meshes, they were quite tedious and had to be repeated for the HD textures.
Every single headlight has for example 17 light coordinates. 16 of these are for the light ring (points directly in front of the headlight) and a 17th determines the length and direction of the light cone. You have to find out without instructions ...

The update also brings a few new vehicles. If only for the "Generated Map" mode. Incidentally, they are all based on existing meshes - so compromises were necessary.
Finally, a few locomotive signs were improved for the graphic modification. As far as possible, because mostly only the mirror writing appears on one page.

For those who can no longer find their TTT installation folder: The folder C:/Program Files(x86) has recently been hidden in Windows 10!
Remedies: In the workspace at the top of the menu bar, select View > Check mark for hidden elements.

So far everything from me.
If you want to continue, you need the Modding Tools and possibly. another program to create / edit the 3D meshes (MSH2 files).

(Updated links in the download thread.)

Gruß, anovi.
Attachments
SUS12GM1_03_Wendezug+Licht.jpg
SUS12GM1_03_Wendezug+Licht.jpg (70.84 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
SUS12GM1_03_3Dampf.jpg
SUS12GM1_03_3Dampf.jpg (101.2 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
SUS12GM1_03_DB216ws+rt.jpg
SUS12GM1_03_DB216ws+rt.jpg (87.43 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
anovi
Engineer
Engineer

Re: (Unofficial) update 1.2

Post by anovi »

Neuigkeiten zum Update 1.2

Ich habe eine Möglichkeit gefunden, im Update gleich einen Fahrzeug Cheat mit einzubauen. Wenn genutzt, sind dann also bei allen ab 1954 verfügbaren LKWs, Bussen, Loks und Personenwagen die Erscheinungsjahre bis 3000 verlängert.

Man kann das Update auch weiterhin ohne Cheat installieren. Dafür reicht es wie bisher, die neue "sus11.wdb" in den Ordner /Data zu schieben.

Soll der Fahrzeug Cheat mit rein, müssen aber im Ordner /Data alle 3 Instanzen installiert werden. Das heißt, die Original "data.wdb" ist dann in "dataori.wdb" und die bisherige "sus11.wdb" in "data.wdb" umzubenennen. Um danach noch eine kleine "sus11.wdb" für den Cheat nachschieben zu können. Ist auch alles in den beiliegenden Install-Texten beschrieben.

In der Grafik Modifikation wurde bei der Gelegenheit noch die aktuelle Front Korrektur an den ELoks BR 101 und BR 152 ergänzt. Ansonsten bleiben die Download-Links wie sie sind.

Update 1.2 news

I found a way to include a vehicle cheat in the update. If used, the years of publication of all trucks, buses, locomotives and passenger cars available from 1954 onwards are extended to 3000.

You can still install the update without a cheat. As before, it is sufficient to move the new "sus11.wdb" into the / Data folder.

If the vehicle cheat is to be included, all 3 instances must be installed in the / Data folder. This means that the original "data.wdb" must then be renamed "dataori.wdb" and the previous "sus11.wdb" into "data.wdb". To be able to push a little "sus11.wdb" for the cheat afterwards. Is everything described in the attached install texts.

In the graphic modification, the current front correction on the electric locomotives BR 101 and BR 152 was added. Otherwise the download links stay as they are.

Gruß, anovi.
Attachments
152TEST_NEU5_GM.jpg
152TEST_NEU5_GM.jpg (88.37 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
SUS12a_FzCheat_Str.jpg
SUS12a_FzCheat_Str.jpg (108.83 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
SUS12a_FzCheat_Zug.jpg
SUS12a_FzCheat_Zug.jpg (105.08 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
anovi
Engineer
Engineer

(Unofficial) update 1.3 SE

Post by anovi »

Mit dem Update 1.3 wurde die maximal mögliche Anzahl von 85 Fahrzeugen erreicht.
Folgende 5 neue Fahrzeuge waren bereits voriges Jahr dazu gekommen:

- Diesellok DB 218 grün (ab 1971 / nur in neuen Spielen)
- ICE Boardbistro (ab 1990 / nur in neuen Spielen)
- 2 E-Lok's DB 111 (rot und weiß/orange / ab 1974 / nur in neuen Spielen)
- E-Lok DB 185 (ab 2000 / nur in neuen Spielen)

Und nun wurden alle Downloads noch mal als "Second Edition" neu hochgeladen.
Mit minimalen Änderungen:
- Im Grafik Mode eine etwas hellere Landschaft sowie eine neue Textur für den Stadtbus Merc O305.
- In der Demo Version hört man bei der DB216 nun ein Dieselgeräusch.
- Und für den Fahrzeugcheat+ stehen jetzt mehrere AddOn Varianten zur Auswahl.

With update 1.3, the maximum possible number of 85 vehicles has been reached.
The following 5 new vehicles were added last year:

- Diesel locomotive DB 218 green (from 1971 / only in new games)
- ICE Boardbistro (from 1990 / only in new games)
- 2 electric locomotives DB 111 (red and white / orange / from 1974 / only in new games)
- E-locomotive DB 185 (from 2000 / only in new games)

And now all downloads have been re-uploaded as a "Second Edition".
With minimal changes:
- A slightly lighter landscape in graphic mode and a new texture for the Merc O305 city bus.
- In the demo version you can now hear a diesel noise with the DB216.
- And there are now several add-on variants to choose from for the vehicle cheat+.

Gruß, anovi.
Attachments
GM1_03_Duisburg1.jpg
GM1_03_Duisburg1.jpg (98.51 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
GM1_03_SE_Duisburg1.jpg
GM1_03_SE_Duisburg1.jpg (99.47 KiB) Viewed 16799 times
GM1_03_SE_MuehlfeldSB_Test.jpg
GM1_03_SE_MuehlfeldSB_Test.jpg (119.81 KiB) Viewed 16799 times

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”