How the pathfinder works with stations.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: How the pathfinder works with stations.

Post by Taschi »

odisseus wrote: 06 Dec 2021 19:30 That's strange. I have experimented quite a bit with complex order lists, and I have never seen a vehicle skip any orders when it shouldn't.
Personally I believe that if identical orders occur twice in a row the pathfinder SHOULD skip one of them, as I see no reason why anybody would deliberately set them up like that.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

just because YOU don't happen to see a use case, doesn't mean that none exists.

for example i've once set up an order to unload and leave empty, and another order to load, with different wait times, but same station.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Eddi wrote: 06 Dec 2021 22:37 for example i've once set up an order to unload and leave empty, and another order to load, with different wait times, but same station.
These are not identical orders :)
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

ok. different argument: what happens if the two orders aren't next to each other, but separated by conditional orders?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Taschi wrote: 06 Dec 2021 20:31
odisseus wrote: 06 Dec 2021 19:30 That's strange. I have experimented quite a bit with complex order lists, and I have never seen a vehicle skip any orders when it shouldn't.
Personally I believe that if identical orders occur twice in a row the pathfinder SHOULD skip one of them, as I see no reason why anybody would deliberately set them up like that.
The game should execute both orders, not silently skip one. It should optionally WARN that there is a duplicate order, but not ignore it as there might be valid reasons to have the same order.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML

Return to “General OpenTTD”