The GRFs That Time Forgot!

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PaulC
Director
Director

Re: The GRFs That Time Forgot!

Post by PaulC »

Grey Stone Railways

As above, grey stone railway tracks. Quite an old one so just replaces the normal rail graphics. Concept by mp3Pro, original GRF by Den, updated version with grey stone on bridges by Birdey.

Download posts: viewtopic.php?p=775151#p775151 (Den's version), viewtopic.php?p=273866#p273866 (Birdey's version)
Attachments
Gatborough Transport, 1953-01-31.png
Gatborough Transport, 1953-01-31.png (181.28 KiB) Viewed 13135 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

PaulC wrote:Pineapple Rail Tropic Set

Pikkabird's epic Australian climate mod! Includes trains, industries, houses, town names and new landscape graphics. I don't believe the set was ever finished and I'm not sure how playable it is, plus there are some things (like trees in the "desert") that were exclusive to TTDPatch and aren't supported by OpenTTD, but it's still very cool stuff.

Download link: http://www.pikkarail.com/ttdp/secret/pineapple.htm
The link is broken, do you have another link or perhaps you have the file?

If not, does someone have the File? I've actually been hoping to get my hands on this again but I couldn't find it anywhere. Just PM me with the link or file if possible.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

NekoMaster wrote:

Pikkabird's epic Australian climate mod! Includes trains, industries, houses, town names and new landscape graphics. I don't believe the set was ever finished and I'm not sure how playable it is, plus there are some things (like trees in the "desert") that were exclusive to TTDPatch and aren't supported by OpenTTD, but it's still very cool stuff.

If not, does someone have the File? I've actually been hoping to get my hands on this again but I couldn't find it anywhere. Just PM me with the link or file if possible.
Ask Pikkabird.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:

Ask Pikkabird.
I sent a PM to them, though who knows if they actually sitll have it kicking around. Its very much possible they dont have it on their comptuer or anywhere they know of so we might have to hunt down someone that has the GRF.
Once i get the GRF I'm going to put it in my Dropbox GRF Backup folder for safe keeping.

Speaking of my Backup folder : NekoMasters Dropbox : [GRF BACK UP]
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

to answer the question of where's the grf, I do have a copy, but will not redistribute it until Pikka confirms it's okay to do so.

It's fun, just the whole 4-6-2 Pacific station and disjointed cars are disorienting. Then again, for a beta grf that wasn't really meant to be fully public, it plays well.
Something goes here, hell if I know.
Den
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Den »

wow..I just started playing again on Sunday and you posted Saturday.
Mental Note: Need to play lottery

Trying to get it back in the game again and found this post :)

If anybody wants to add it to grfcrawler or some site where it can be downloaded in game, have at it.

Gray Stones for Temperate v1.1
GRF ID: 44480101
file location - download/file.php?id=108056
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

kamnet wrote:
acs121 wrote: The files that OzTrans uploaded to Bananas were intentionally poisoned so that they didn't work properly, so that people would stop playing with his sets.
Genuinely surprised that didn't cross some sort of line in the terms of service for OpenTTD / Bananas and end in termination of all his files and his accounts. Seems very drastic and destructive.

On another note - do older GRFs tend to work correctly on modern versions of OpenTTD? Some of these seem very old, by more than a few years sometimes.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I tried MB's CargoSet (2003 !) a few days ago and it worked perfectly.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Redirect Left wrote:Genuinely surprised that didn't cross some sort of line in the terms of service for OpenTTD / Bananas and end in termination of all his files and his accounts. Seems very drastic and destructive.
That may be addressed here in the future.
Redirect Left wrote:On another note - do older GRFs tend to work correctly on modern versions of OpenTTD? Some of these seem very old, by more than a few years sometimes.
For the most part they do. The only reason an old NewGRF would not work correctly is if the NewGRF was improperly written. There's a very small number that I'm aware of, mostly obsolete anyhow.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

NekoMaster wrote:The link is broken, do you have another link or perhaps you have the file?
I took down all the old TTD pages when I most recently restarted my blog. It wasn't a deliberate action to get rid of them, just an unthinking thing.

That said, this set is super old (older than UKRS1!) and really badly drawn and designed - I won't be reuploading it, but if you can get it from someone else go ahead. But I do want to thank PaulC for reminding me it was a thing that existed; his posting was part of what prompted me to start drawing graphics again.
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

oftcrash wrote:
PaulC wrote:Dragonfly Ornithopter

A quirky little VTOL aircraft by oftcrash which flashes orange as it flies! Unfortunately not compatible with the VTOL Aircraft GRF as it shares the same GRFid (though you should definitely check that out as well).
Oops! The Ornithopter was a little test run as I built the rest of the VTOLs. I should have either separated it out properly or included it in VACE I guess. If I can get my old computer up and running I'll see if I can fix it, though at this point that's looking a bit grim.
I found it! It was buried in the VACE source. I'll take a look at it and compile it under a different ID sometime this week.
JustMoreMemes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JustMoreMemes »

Comm Cody wrote: 14 May 2018 06:57 to answer the question of where's the grf, I do have a copy, but will not redistribute it until Pikka confirms it's okay to do so.

It's fun, just the whole 4-6-2 Pacific station and disjointed cars are disorienting. Then again, for a beta grf that wasn't really meant to be fully public, it plays well.
Please could you send me a copy of that GRF? Pikka says they won't redistribute it themselves however they said in this thread that sharing between players is fine.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

JustMoreMemes wrote: 29 Nov 2021 12:23 Please could you send me a copy of that GRF? Pikka says they won't redistribute it themselves however they said in this thread that sharing between players is fine.
I don't know if this is the latest or last version, it's marked "Pineapple Trains 1.2" in my archive, and "pb_trains_10cc.grf" in the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15CkWFR ... sp=sharing
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

kamnet wrote: 01 Dec 2021 04:36
JustMoreMemes wrote: 29 Nov 2021 12:23 Please could you send me a copy of that GRF? Pikka says they won't redistribute it themselves however they said in this thread that sharing between players is fine.
I don't know if this is the latest or last version, it's marked "Pineapple Trains 1.2" in my archive, and "pb_trains_10cc.grf" in the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15CkWFR ... sp=sharing
That's the newer 32bpp pineapple set, not the old tropic replacement for 8bpp.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

Wow... Some of them had so many potential. One day I wish to see them back.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Aegir wrote: 02 Dec 2021 04:22
That's the newer 32bpp pineapple set, not the old tropic replacement for 8bpp.
By the power of Saint Chris, I think I found 'em! Looks like I nabbed the whole website & documentation too!
Attachments
PineappleRails.tar
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

Return to “Graphics Releases”